News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SondheimFan23

SondheimFan23 Profile Photo
Member Name: SondheimFan23
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

15 best songs from the past 15 years of musicals  Jul 12 2015, 11:59:21 PM

I personally don't mind if the songs were written before the 2000s if the musical premiered in this century

15 best songs from the past 15 years of musicals  Jul 12 2015, 10:47:50 PM

I don't mind if the music comes from another source if the song and its musical are of high quality but I would favor original work.

15 best songs from the past 15 years of musicals  Jul 12 2015, 09:41:40 PM

I'm making a playlist of 100 songs from musicals and have been trying to figure out what 15 songs best represent the top quality musicals (with specific focus on the quality of the score) of the past 15 years. My criteria are that there can only be one song per musical and that there must only be 15 songs for this century (though it doesn't matter if multiple musicals came out the same year.)  What would you add or subtract from these picks (which are already over 15...)?

-A
Successful Broadway actors who still haven't had a  Jul 7 2015, 11:10:14 AM

Larry, I definitely agree with you about Finian's Rainbow being a big step in Kate Baldwin's career.  My original question was more about having a role that really defines the actor in people's minds (or at least broadway people's mind.)  While the type of identification with a role that puts you into a general broadway consciousness can happen with a revival (like Alan Cumming as Emcee,) a commercially unsuccessful revival will hardly ever give you the boost that a successful

Successful Broadway actors who still haven't had a "big break"  Jul 6 2015, 02:44:10 PM

Upon watching some videos of Kate Baldwin, I got to thinking of actors like her who are successful (she has been Tony nominated and has appeared in quite a few Broadway and off-Broadway shows) and have the talent to be in that upper echelon of recognizable Broadway actors but who haven't had a big breakout role to put them there. Who are some other successful actors who haven't had that defining role?

Light in the Piazza video  Jun 20 2015, 12:08:50 AM
Does anyone have a full video of the Light in the Piazza (e.g. the Live from Lincoln Center one?) I love the soundtrack and can't find a video of the production.
Jacques Brel  May 6 2012, 08:27:13 PM
Does anyone have a recording of "Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris," specifically the song "My Childhood." I know this song was not in the original show and I have been wanting to hear it(specifically the 2006 revival version?) Thanks!
Godspell Revival  Mar 29 2011, 10:53:47 AM
What are the differences (in music especially) between the original broadway production and the 2001 touring one?
Something Wonderful  Mar 20 2011, 08:12:20 PM
What's the best version? I was listening to the original cd and realized the one who sings it just sounds... old fashioned.
Your biggest Broadway crush  Mar 4 2011, 01:51:26 PM
Catherine Zeta Jones, Lea Salonga, Lea Michele and Bernadette Peters :)
Sunday in the Park with George  Feb 17 2011, 11:39:30 AM
Thanks for all the info and support. In addition to my original question, does anyone have any fun facts or personal experiences see the show?
Sunday in the Park with George  Feb 16 2011, 10:08:10 PM
I am writing a report on the show and was hoping for info, photos, etc...
ADDAMS FAMILY Rush  Feb 6 2011, 11:19:31 PM
Why would you rush to see the Addams Family?
Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia  Feb 1 2011, 08:03:34 PM
My "A Little Night Music" poster signed both by Bernadette Peters and Elaine Stritch.
Shakespeare in the Park  Jan 31 2011, 08:30:20 PM
Three questions: Firstly, is their a stage door for the performances? If so, is it allowed for people to get autographs? Also, how many tickets do they give out and how early should you get their to make sure you get a ticket? And lastly, do they assign you seats or do you just choose?
Favorite Broadway Performance by an actor... ever  Jan 31 2011, 02:32:57 PM

Better to know show or not when seeing it?  Jan 30 2011, 07:34:12 PM
I wanted to see different opinions on if you think it's more enjoyable to know the show you're seeing before you see it or not and be surprised.
FOLLIES tickets nightmare thread  Jan 30 2011, 11:07:38 AM
Does anyone think it will be impossible to get tickets to a Tuesday night or Wednesday afternoon online?
Send In The Clowns, Sondheim & Peters  Jan 29 2011, 10:24:24 PM
YES!
Can anyone tell me about this actress?  Jan 24 2011, 11:26:45 PM
Does anyone know anything interesting about Natalie Toro? I recently saw the In the Heights tour and a while ago I saw A Tale of Two Cities on Broadway and she really caught my attention with her great singing and acting abilities.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You