pixeltracker

Tom Hanks will do LUCKY GUY on Broadway this season

Tom Hanks will do LUCKY GUY on Broadway this season

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1Tom Hanks will do LUCKY GUY on Broadway this season
Posted: 5/8/12 at 11:21pm

No, not the Leslie Jordan musical that was seen off-Broadway last season, but the new Nora Ephron play.

Per today's Riedel. At a Shubert house TBD.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#2Tom Hanks will do LUCKY GUY on Broadway this season
Posted: 5/9/12 at 12:09am

aw bummer. I wish it was the musical. but not with Tom Hanks, unless he played Varla Jean's character.

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#3Tom Hanks will do LUCKY GUY on Broadway this season
Posted: 5/9/12 at 7:57am

wait did anyone else notice that in the BWW article is says "the Shubrt" theatre. I mean besides the silly typo there's a real big difference between A Shubert theatre and THE Shubert theatre. Oh bww....

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#4Tom Hanks will do LUCKY GUY on Broadway this season
Posted: 5/9/12 at 8:00am

I am excited for him! I hope to get a chance to see it.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

philcrosby
#5Tom Hanks will do LUCKY GUY on Broadway this season
Posted: 5/9/12 at 10:34am

Tom is magical onstage. I was lucky enough to be working at Great Lakes Theater Festival in Cleveland (where Tom got his Equity Card) when he came back to do two benefit performances. He co-wrote and starred in both, and held the audiences in the palm of his hand.

A story: the second time, he had just finished filming "Philadelphia", so it was before he became a two-time Academy Award winner. Chester (now in his 20s) was an infant, and his star was definitely on the rise. We had just announced our new season, which included Hal Holbrook in "Death of a Salesman" to be directed by Gerald Freedman. When I told him, Tom's head snapped around and said, "Who's playing Biff??" I said, "I am sure it could be you, if you asked!" You could see him think about it long and hard. But of course, it never happened. (Steven Weber played it eventually.)

Now, of course, way too old to play Biff. But in about 10 years, wouldn't you want to see him take a stab at Willy? Now THAT would be a performance.

Videos