Avenue Q Rush Tickets

#1Avenue Q Rush Tickets
Posted: 9/26/12 at 2:37am

I'm looking to go see Avenue Q with a friend and we want to get rush tickets. We're looking to go on either a Sunday or a Wednesday. What time should we get to the box office to have a higher chance of getting the tickets?

Updated On: 9/26/12 at 02:37 AM

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#2Avenue Q Rush Tickets
Posted: 9/26/12 at 3:02am

I found this rush report for June 2012, which may be helpful:

There were about 15-20 people in the rush ticket line at the front of the theatre ten minutes before the box office opened. The first two people at the head of the line said they’d arrived at 10:30AM, “a little early” according to them. The two rushers behind them mentioned that “obviously if you wanted rush tickets for Saturday or Sunday you’d get here much earlier”. Although a few patrons were buying tickets for other shows playing at New World Stages (such as Million Dollar Quartet), most were there for Avenue Q - which sold out halfway down the line. The box office attendant confirmed what I’d begun to suspect when he said that Avenue Q tickets sell out fast, almost as soon as the box office opens - and apparently it’s even crazier on weekends (when the box office opens at 10AM). Given that there were just about 20 people there on a Thursday, it would also lead me to believe that not a lot of tickets are set aside for rush, probably less than 10 (since the attendant would not provide an exact number). So follow the guys at the head of the line’s advice (who got tickets) and get there 2-3 hours early if you have your heart set on a rush ticket for Avenue Q.
Full report

AGermano
#2Avenue Q Rush Tickets
Posted: 9/26/12 at 2:19pm

There are 16 front row seats for Avenue Q.
When I went back in May on a Sunday, I got there at 11:50 for a 12 box office opening and was able to get a ticket and there were only four other people on line.
I'm assuming a Wednesday would be even easier.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#3Avenue Q Rush Tickets
Posted: 9/26/12 at 6:14pm

Get there early, they are usually gone by the afternoon. And there are not many seats.

Just give the world Love.