pixeltracker

Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing

Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing

Starship
#1Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing
Posted: 10/25/12 at 3:45pm

Both Bonnie and Clyde and Elf are up for licensing now. Shrek has been up for a week or too, also. Can't wait to see regional theaters attempt Shrek. ooohweee.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing
Posted: 10/25/12 at 3:52pm

^I can't wait to see the youtube videos of the high schools attempting Shrek. Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing

Starship
#2Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing
Posted: 10/25/12 at 3:56pm

^ A big bright beautiful mess.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing
Posted: 10/25/12 at 4:01pm

sadly, many high school & community theaters will attempt Shrek as they feel it'll bring in an audience. I just can't see any of them being any good considering the costumes alone.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Starship
#4Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing
Posted: 10/25/12 at 4:07pm

Lord knows how many people will need to wash their eyes out with rubbing alcohol after seeing Shrek at a high school/community theater.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#5Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing
Posted: 10/25/12 at 4:10pm

I'd actually love to see Shrek at a regional theatre that has the balls to create an original design or maybe even design it more like the illustrations in the original book than just copy the look of the film.

HumATune Profile Photo
HumATune
#6Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing
Posted: 10/25/12 at 4:19pm

I actually had a dream once where I was watching a high school production of SHREK. The guy playing Shrek had a pig snout costume piece painted green as the nose and it fell off.

I can see this actually happening.

Updated On: 10/25/12 at 04:19 PM

Proper Villain Profile Photo
Proper Villain
#7Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing
Posted: 10/26/12 at 10:09am

Ah! But FINALLY a leading role for the overweight and pimpled teenage musical theatre queen (who generally has to play the older roles)!

My 16 yo self is incredibly jealous!

"Are we being attacked or entertained?" - MST3K My theatre poster/logo portfolio: http://www.listenterprises.com/

Starship
#8Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing
Posted: 10/26/12 at 11:35am

A female Shrek. huh. Okay.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#9Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing
Posted: 10/26/12 at 4:56pm

When will On the Verge be available for licensing. Some of the professional theatres in my hometown could work wonders with the show!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

#10Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing
Posted: 10/26/12 at 5:11pm

Bonnie and Clyde and Elf just sounds like a really bad idea for a musical. W+Do they explain WHY the Elf would join up with them? I hope they don't show Elf like killing people and stuff.

Jon
#11Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing
Posted: 10/26/12 at 7:43pm

Damn - Joe beat me to the joke!

"Bonnie and Clyde and Elf" sounds worse than P.D.Q. Bach's opera, "Hansel and Gretel and Ted and Alice."

PitPro2004 Profile Photo
PitPro2004
#12Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing
Posted: 10/26/12 at 9:16pm

Haha! Loving the comments.

I find myself wondering how well B&C would fare as a high school musical in a society currently struggling with the sensitive topic of gun rights and school shootings. I think some of the music is just beautiful and should not be confined to a shelf life, but on the other hand, I wouldn't want the show to be fodder for encouragement either.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium!"

HumATune Profile Photo
HumATune
#13Bonnie and Clyde and Elf Available for Licensing
Posted: 10/27/12 at 1:40pm

^I don't know if that would be an issue. First, Bonnie & CLyde is a historical show, and second it doesn't end well for the leads.

Videos