pixeltracker

2015 Disney live-action Cinderella film- Page 5

2015 Disney live-action Cinderella film

beautywickedlover
#100Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 12/6/14 at 9:43pm

"By the way, I don't find the stepsisters in this retelling ugly. They are quite pretty, but they are way overdone in their fashions and make up. Less is more."

Holliday Grainger had this to say last year about playing a stepsister and what she thinks the term ugly means in this version.

Quote:

They sort of are ugly stepsisters — ugly on the inside. They’re the movie’s comedy double act. But with Cate Blanchett as the wicked stepmother, they can’t be that ugly, can they?

End Quote

Picking Up a Gun and an Accent Updated On: 12/6/14 at 09:43 PM

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#101Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 12/6/14 at 10:32pm

That's a great quote!

The stepmother gets away with breaking the glass slipper because no one saw she tripped the footman, or at least no one could tell she did it ON PURPOSE.

I wonder if the prince has a codpiece or if that's really just his natural bulge.

beautywickedlover
#102Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 12/15/14 at 10:49pm

If you pause the video between 2:12 and 2:13 of this international trailer, you'll see that Branagh decided to include one of the cartoon's most terrifying and nightmarish moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8iMzbfLJy8

"The King’s soldiers sent to “capture” Cinderella’s coach are quite sinister as well, swirls of black and red reminiscent of the Headless Horseman."

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2013/03/23/disney-53-week-12-cinderella/

I hope to hear music like this during the scene at the movies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTh0PN9pW9c

Instead of this, which made the scene even more intense for me as a little boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmhee3ck6ko

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#103Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 12/16/14 at 1:35pm

The most terrifying moment for me was when they showed Lady Tremaine for the first time, in that huge bed with the evil cat.

beautywickedlover
#104Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:34pm

I'm sure everyone was a little scared by this moment. Even Cinderella singing a reprise of "So This is Love" during the scene couldn't changed the mood.

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#105Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:36pm

And people think that THE EXORCIST was scary....

beautywickedlover
#106Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 12/16/14 at 8:44pm

I re-watched the trailer and I noticed that Jaq has been changed into a female mouse named Jacquline.

Musical Master
#107Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 12/16/14 at 9:02pm

@beautywickedlover, That is really strange. To Linda Woolverton's credit she didn't change the genders of the original SLEEPING BEAUTY characters for MALEFICENT but why did the writers change the gender of Jaq? I hope there is a reason for it.

degrassifan
#108Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 12/16/14 at 9:51pm

I guess just to make one of the main mice female?

THREE MORE MONTHS!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#109Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 12/17/14 at 11:57am

Maybe there's a subplot where the female Jaq, once she's turned human, has an affair with the horse, after he's turned human, and the have weird horse/mice hybrid creatures that have to move into the Castle. In the sequel, they end up imprisoning everyone, Planet of the Apes style.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#112Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 1/2/15 at 8:42pm

"I doubt anyone involved with this project is in it for the paycheck."

Wow, you people really do believe in fairy tales, don't you?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#113Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 1/2/15 at 11:27pm

Maybe, you do an easy action thriller with a **** script for money. You don't invest a lot of your time on a huge theatrical project like Cinderella for a few bucks.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#114Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 1/3/15 at 2:36pm

Yes when actors are in conservatory, they dream of playing roles based on cartoons.

And I'm sure this will be a big hit, no matter what its quality. Given the infantilizing of modern movie culture, all Disney has to do is ring the dinner bell and all the pre-programmed will come running.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#115Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 1/4/15 at 12:47am

I guess just to make one of the main mice female?

What about Suzy and Perla?

degrassifan
#116Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 1/4/15 at 1:13pm

Suzy and Perla really aren't popular. Jaq and Gus are well-known and beloved, mostly the latter.

Kenneth Branagh, Cate Blanchett, and Helena Bonham Carter can have any job they wan, and yet they chose to do a live action version of Cinderella, and this says a lot about the project. I believe it will be something special and incredibly beautiful! If that makes me an optimistic believer in fairy tales, then so be it! Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#117Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 1/4/15 at 5:27pm

Borstalboy, what do you mean about the infantalizing of modern movie culture (you spelled infantalizing wrong by the way)? Like anything animated is automatically only for children? Like Cinderella is not about grown-up things like slavery, death of parents, love, marriage, and rising in social class and importance? Like it's not a not a special story adults can enjoy even thought it originally was told for adults and there have been plenty versions made that people, both adults and children see? Including "Into the Woods"? And what about how the word "boy' is in your name. You want to be a boy forever but that's not infantalizing yourself? Not to mention your avatar from a movie based on a children's book. So just what did you mean by infantalizing modern movie culture?

Updated On: 1/4/15 at 05:27 PM

beautywickedlover
#118Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 1/29/15 at 11:13pm

Before I leave again for a while I have to share this. The first clip has been released and it's Ella meeting her step-family. Gainger and McShera play perfect spoiled brats and Blanchett's entrance is absolutely superb.

https://www.berlinale.de/en/programm/berlinale_programm/datenblatt.php?film_id=201508077#tab=video25

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#119Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 1/30/15 at 6:29am

"So some of you ask what's new? Why see the same old again?Well, why get excited for the Into the Woods movie when you already have the home video of the original show? Why see a new production of Hamlet again? Why see new productions or re-tellings of anything?"

Into the woods had never been given the film treatment. Not the case with Cinderella. There have been so many versions of Cinderella on screen, onstage, tv broadcast, cartoon, I myself am just tired of Cinderella. I would feel more inclined to watch this film if it looked like it brought something new to the story we have heard and seen a million times, but it doesn't look like that will be the case.

The trailer pretty much showed the whole film. There's no mystery to it, there's nothing telling me I should see this film. It just looks like a typical Disney movie where "Anything is possible if you believe" "Magic is beautiful" and all that sugar coated crap.

There's no bite to it. With a story like Cinderella, you need something different or the audience will just feel like they are on auto pilot while watching the film. But ya know, if that's what you like then by all means go for it, If you are excited about this film then that's great. I just can't get into it.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

Showface
#120Cinderella 2015 Movie
Posted: 1/30/15 at 10:26pm

Well...I'm not quite sure if I'm excited for the film or not. In one way, I feel this could be good just to see it come to life (and I hear they expanded the storyline a bit), but in another way, nothing about the film has excited me. Helena Bonham Carter, Cate Blanchett, and the effects seem to be the real highlights (though some of the effects shots seem...mediocre)...

Also, is anyone bothered by the shot (shown in trailers) of the Prince putting the glass slipper on Cinderella? Something just does not seem right....

degrassifan
#121Cinderella 2015 Movie
Posted: 1/31/15 at 4:17pm

I just read the novelization of it, and I can assure you there are things in this movie that are very different from other Cinderella stories. The trailer was basically a summary of the general Cinderella story, but the movie itself will explain so much that the animated film and other Cinderella stories left off.

Musical Master
#122Cinderella 2015 Movie
Posted: 1/31/15 at 4:51pm

@degrassifan, that's good to know thanks. I hope we get to have a scene where the Stepmother explains why she is the way she is.

degrassifan
#123Cinderella 2015 Movie
Posted: 1/31/15 at 6:46pm

Musical Master, yes! There are a few scenes where it is hinted why Lady Tremaine was the way she was AND there is a scene where Lady Tremaine tells her own backstory. It's actually kind of sad. If you've seen Ever After, then Lady Tremaine's story is similar to that of Baroness Rodmilla de Ghent's, only less subtle.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#124Cinderella 2015 Movie
Posted: 1/31/15 at 7:59pm

Very interesting!