pixeltracker

CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF - preview thread

CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF - preview thread

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#1CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF - preview thread
Posted: 12/18/12 at 11:14pm

No one? I can't believe that there wasn't a thread for this.

I normally wouldn't go to a first preview. I fully understand the "well if I'm paying full price, I can criticize it" mentality, but I tend to be more forgiving at the beginning. And that's where I stand with this production. It's definitely not there yet. BUT...I think in a few short weeks it will be there, very, very much so.

Walker and Monk are the closest of the main 4 to being there. Hinds goes in spats. Sometimes he's magnificent, and sometimes it doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing (or what accent he's doing).

I'm a big, big Scarlett Johansson fan, so I was anxious to see how she'd follow up her VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE performance. The first act, she's great (using a southern accent). The third act, it seems like she was doing her Brooklyn accent from VIEW! It was quite odd. But I'm sure that will be taken care of after a week or so of performances.

This was my first time seeing the play so I don't have anything to compare it to. But I am very anxious to revisit in a few weeks.

Updated On: 12/18/12 at 11:14 PM

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#2CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF - preview thread
Posted: 12/18/12 at 11:31pm

I can believe there wasn't one thread on this. For the simple reason that there are three.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#2CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF - preview thread
Posted: 12/18/12 at 11:35pm

Mine was posted two minutes before the main one going, and when I started typing my post, the other wasn't up yet.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#3CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF - preview thread
Posted: 12/19/12 at 10:23am

Like Skipper, apparently there's a Ghost Thread, stalking this board.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#4CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF - preview thread
Posted: 12/19/12 at 6:21pm

Sorry, Auggie. It was a cheap shot.