Cinderella changes

Dollypop
#25Cinderella changes
Posted: 2/9/13 at 12:21pm

I directed a high school production of R&H's CINDERELLA many years ago. I realized then that the plot is really thin. Disney added all sorts of diversions with birds and animals. Obviously this production incorporated revolting peasants.

What sells this show is the score, the special effects and its scenic design. Hopefully this new production will succeed.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#26Cinderella changes
Posted: 2/9/13 at 4:41pm

I see they haven't changed the step sisters hair style...

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#27Cinderella changes
Posted: 2/10/13 at 9:49pm

Wow-Thanks for that clip of Ms Peters singing 'Falling in Love'--I had no idea she could hit those high notes--admittedly that was a while ago-but again-Wow!

Updated On: 2/11/13 at 09:49 PM

TheLadyoftheWood Profile Photo
TheLadyoftheWood
#28Cinderella changes
Posted: 2/11/13 at 1:45am

@SweetLips Which notes didn't you know she could hit? The low ones or the high ones?

On a side note: I cannot believe some idiot asked this question in the comments on Youtube,

"If there was a Sing-Off between bernadette peters? and helen carter who would win?"

WTH? Really now?

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#29Cinderella changes
Posted: 2/14/13 at 4:47pm

Dear g.d.etc.

No problem with getting this all done and rehearsed prior to the March 3 opening. Thanks for your helpful suggestions. Please send me your contact information and I'll send you over a contract putting you in complete charge.

Sincerely

Robyn Goodman

Hey, not your fault you bought a turkey, lady. Shut down production for a few weeks, move the opening forward, and implement the changes.

(In case you haven't guessed, I know you're not Robyn Goodman, but I'm not in this business to play nice, and I'm clearly not out for people to like me, unlike some of the other producers in this industry. You don't have to date to accomplish things in this business, just keep all the egos on an even keel. If what I said doesn't make sense, then fine, give me ****. But if it works, it works, regardless of my tone.)

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky