News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheLadyoftheWood

TheLadyoftheWood Profile Photo
Member Name: TheLadyoftheWood
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Riedel on Frozen with costume designs  Aug 11 2017, 10:42:08 PM

@Mister Matt - You win the internet today!

Hamlet Cancels Saturday Matinees  Aug 4 2017, 09:18:31 PM

Can someone tell me why I read this as "Hamilton Cancels Saturday Matinees." I was very confused before reading it again.

Why are all these kids around?  Aug 2 2017, 06:17:10 PM

@blaxx

I must admit that I am not very versed with the libretto from A Chorus Line, being that I've only listened to the album once or twice. Does that song include anything really grotesque or vulgar beside the mentioning of an affair? I doubt many children in this day and age would be shocked by the thought of hearing about someone having an affair. With that being said, the parents of "Muny kids," are allowed to come and sit in on many rehearsals. They have the right t

Why are all these kids around?  Jul 31 2017, 06:08:55 PM

blaxx said: "Jut like with the song "Cabaret', I feel that no one reads ACL before putting it on. How is this a show to have children around?  The whole point of the interviews was to dig deep in the performer's personal and professional experiences. How uncomfortable for the children to be around these very adult stories. 

Biggest fail of the year.

"

Speaking from experience (of being one of those teens in multi

Hercules Dream Cast  Jul 13 2017, 03:37:36 PM

BwayMatty327 said: "Hercules: Nick Adams
Meg: Anna Villafane
Phil: Brad Oscar
Hades: David Allen Greer
Zeus: Norm Lewis 
Hera: Rachael Bay Jones 

"

I'm completely dumbfounded by all of these people posting Nick Adams and the man himself saying he should be Hercules. You need more than just the body to be Hercules. I love him as a performer and as an activist, but he's not a tenor at all. He's very much a baritone. I'd rather not have them lower the keys so that he could sing them on a nightly basis. Also do we think he could play the nerdy/awkward Herc in the beginning of the show?

Sidenote: I do love the casting of the last 3 though.

THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG Previews  Apr 23 2017, 05:48:27 PM

@ChairinMain I sat in the $30 balcony seats. Arrived right before showtime and purchased a ticket. Ended up getting the second to last row of the balcony stage right. The height was a lot for me (since I have a fear of heights), but I didn't really miss anything. The only thing that was cut off was a bit of their heads in the study scenes. I actually think that these seats were perfect because you don't have to look up to see what "Trevor" is doing in the "sound booth,&

THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG Previews  Mar 21 2017, 01:08:29 AM

What a night?! I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time. I loved every minute of this show. It's such a great night of unbridled fun and merriment. From the moment we stepped inside the "pre-show" interaction set the stage for a night of pure fun. There was bit of a snafu at the opening of Act 2 and Henry Shields was swapped out for Matthew Cavendish. We were told later that Henry hurt his neck at the climax of Act 1 and they asked him to sit it out. They also mention

David Yazbek wants a Full Monty revival  Feb 25 2017, 10:59:27 PM

Dollypop said: "James Snyder as Jerry.  Mary Tests as Jeanette

"

But who is Mary Test? Is she related to Johnny Test, cousin or kin to Johnny Quest? I've never heard of this person. I've only seen the show once but MARY TESTA would be great as Georgie. She'd blow that out of the park vocally. Although she is probably way to old for the role now.

A Bronx Tale Casting Announcement  Dec 23 2015, 12:30:46 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "It's not his first time originating a role. Richard originated Warner in legally blonde."

It's not like he didn't originate Glen in Wedding Singer before that. I'm sure he is just fine with his current career choices. Those Wicked and Jersey Boy paychecks he has had over the past couple years are nothing to scoff at.

Elisabeth  Nov 23 2015, 09:11:11 PM

Coming from someone who saw a professional production of the show a couple years ago in Vienna, this one should stay locked away in the Schobrunn vaults.  The only thing the show really had going for it was the set and costumes.

Question: Have you any of you trying to dream cast the show actually seen it? It's not exactly something that will sell to the masses here. The score is just your run of the mill post "Miss Saigon/Les Mis," snoozefest. I will say one thing, it

Next for the Broadhurst?  Apr 23 2015, 01:55:33 PM

The evil snake in Children of Eden made the show extremely dark and gritty also don'tcha know! 

*Side note* I want a hot dog real bad! 

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Reviews  Apr 21 2015, 02:17:41 PM

^^^ They need a cast album if at least just for Paul Nolan's glorious Act II number "No Mercy At All." That man's voice is like butter! 

***** Spoilers*****

And so I can relive the fields of Kansas opening of Act II. Or even the trip into Disney's Frozen near the end of that same act. 

******End Spoilers******

Something Rotten Previews  Apr 2 2015, 03:34:02 PM

One major differece between Urinetown and Spamalot et. all is that the previous was a political satire 1st as opposed to a musical making fun of all the other musicals. 

HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway  Apr 2 2015, 02:56:56 PM

Saw it. Liked it, but didn't love it. Nancy Opel was worth the ticket for me. Also that black chorus girl was pretty good to watch in the boring ensemble scenes. 

What Show Is Next On The Chopping Block  Apr 2 2015, 01:51:03 PM

What color would we consider this thread? 

Something Rotten Previews  Mar 31 2015, 03:03:14 PM
Did anyone notice that Shakespeare's opening of Act II number was a rip-off of "Hard to Be a Diva" from Starmites?
Xanadu?s Mary Testa and Jackie Hoffman?s male understudies?  Dec 30 2013, 12:51:42 AM
@TheatreFan4 If you think that is a big member I have horse farm I want to sell you in Tibet.
Why hasn't a caucasian Simba been cast?  Oct 20 2013, 02:40:21 AM
^^^^^^ ?????? O_O Is this a real statement?

"Because it's set in Africa, so why would there be white people?"

You have obviously never turned on the television and or read a book. South Africa at one point had a multitude of Caucasians running the government. Study your history sir/madame! There is life outside your apartment!

Dark theatres during the holidays?  Oct 12 2013, 09:16:39 PM

Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?  Sep 10 2013, 11:52:32 PM
^^^^^ That my dear sir or madam would be a good question to pm gcrhis, who has seen the show a bajillion times and probably will be this week.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You