Gypsy--Caroline O'Connor

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#1Gypsy--Caroline O'Connor
Posted: 3/21/13 at 6:40am

Just announced for The Production Company in Melbourne in July-6 performances only.Also Singin' in the Rain[Aug.] and Pirates of Penzance[Nov].Can't wait for all 3. Google--The Production Company Melbourne 2013 season--for full details and see the fantastic poster of Caroline as Gypsy.

Updated On: 3/21/13 at 06:40 AM

JRybka1611
#2Gypsy--Caroline O'Connor
Posted: 3/21/13 at 9:14am

I so wish she was better known in the USA> She is amazing!

jayinchelsea Profile Photo
jayinchelsea
#2Gypsy--Caroline O'Connor
Posted: 3/21/13 at 9:19am

Saw her do Phyllis in FOLLIES in Chicago. It was the first time I had seen her, although she is famous in the UK, and her performance was certainly offbeat and different. But when she did "Lucy and Jessie," she knocked me out of my seat. I bet her Madame Rose could be terrific.

algy Profile Photo
algy
#3Gypsy--Caroline O'Connor
Posted: 3/21/13 at 9:30am

I saw her in Gypsy at Curve in Leicester last year - and she was a total force of nature in the part. I'd never seen Gypsy before, but thought it was brilliant.

Promo clip from that show here - featuring Caroline in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJhxQu9pVMI

pathman2
#4Gypsy--Caroline O'Connor
Posted: 3/21/13 at 10:24am

I'm so hoping that she's part of Gypsy at Chicago Shakespeare next year, she was so great in Follies there with the same director.

Owen22
#5Gypsy--Caroline O'Connor
Posted: 3/21/13 at 12:06pm

I saw her do "Gypsy" at the Curve in Leicester last year. If it had been a better production it may well have been a definitive performance. That woman is amazing. And though she was HORRIBLY miscast as Phyllis in Chicago Shake's "Follies" she was also totally fantastic in the role. And the best danced Phyllis I have ever seen.

#6Gypsy--Caroline O'Connor
Posted: 3/21/13 at 12:14pm

That was my first thought, too Path! Although I wouldn't mind a bit if they cast Hollis Resnik as Rose, either.

Videos