Here Lies Love

CarrieEmmy
#1Here Lies Love
Posted: 4/23/13 at 11:50pm

I have a silly question. I just caved and got a Balcony Seat ticket to Here Lies Love. I hate standing, and yes, I know I won't be able to interact. It's not the "Partial View" tickets there were selling. Anyone know if this is any good? Will I still see everything and get to enjoy it? It sounds wonderful.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#2Here Lies Love
Posted: 4/24/13 at 7:23am

The show's great. I guess you'll be able to see everything and enjoy it.

But you'll regret not getting the general admission tickets.

mamaleh
#2Here Lies Love
Posted: 4/24/13 at 9:48am

Are rush seats (assuming they are offering rush) the "general admission" variety?

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#3Here Lies Love
Posted: 4/24/13 at 11:19am

When I did it, we got the general admission tickets. But I know people who had done it previously that got put in the balcony area.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#4Here Lies Love
Posted: 4/24/13 at 11:22am

Are they not doing the student rush tickets they do for everything else at The Public, where you can buy them in advance?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#5Here Lies Love
Posted: 4/24/13 at 12:10pm

Another question, for those who have seen it already: How do you think it might be to attend alone with a general admission ticket? I'm trying to recruit a theater partner, but no one wants to pay $94, and I don't think rush will be easy to get after the great review in the Times. Any opinions on going it alone? I don't want to feel like a dork, dancing by myself.

Updated On: 4/24/13 at 12:10 PM

StageStruckLad Profile Photo
StageStruckLad
#6Here Lies Love
Posted: 4/24/13 at 12:40pm

Sorry to report that the seats are not ideal. They are on an upper level on two sides of the four-sided disco floor, where all the action takes place. The people in the seats have to peer over a ledge, and there are definitely times when you will miss some of the action going on directly underneath. But you will probably only miss a small portion of the show.

As for attending solo, I don't think that would be a problem at all. You will be part of the crowd, moving around to different sections as the ushers/helpers herd the audience to different locations. I got separated from my husband several times, and it wasn't a problem at all.

mamaleh
#7Here Lies Love
Posted: 4/24/13 at 3:07pm

Thanks, TalkinLoud. I known things can change from day to day, especially when positive reviews come out. Will keep that in mind.

#8Here Lies Love
Posted: 4/24/13 at 4:08pm

The box seats are fine.....my sister and I found ourselves leaning forward (the railing is a tad high for us)....but it was great to watch the show from that angle...and the cast plays to the boxes as much as the floor.

The best part of the boxes was playing our own version of "Where's Waldo?" as we watched David Byrne move around the floor....

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#9Here Lies Love
Posted: 4/24/13 at 4:20pm

@WiCkEDrOcKS - I just talked to someone who bought a $30 student ticket in advance.

@macnyc - Attending alone will not be a problem. They even tell you in the pre-show announcement that you will be separated from whoever you came with.

PrinceCaspian Profile Photo
PrinceCaspian
#10Here Lies Love
Posted: 4/25/13 at 9:30am

You can totally attend alone. I was seperated from my friend dancing the whole time. the cast interacts with everyone so you wont feel like a dork and they are constantly maneuveruing the crowd around. have fun

Rainbowhigh23
#11Here Lies Love
Posted: 4/25/13 at 4:46pm

They're offering obstructed for $30 for tomorrow night. Feel like an impulsive Friday night show - should I wait and buy an outfit for another night in GA?

maila Profile Photo
maila
#12Here Lies Love
Posted: 4/26/13 at 1:55pm

they extended it again for another 4 weeks. now til june 30.