pixeltracker

Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?- Page 6

Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#125Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/4/13 at 9:30pm

@Starship It's alright, but it is not the same. There is no frequent updating like the closed site unfortuantely. @Broadwayguy That would be really nice, but so far we have this. So you can start a new discussion on this page if you want. Like ideas for future Cirque productions or how do you feel about Cirque closing and not relocating the well recieved shows

FindingNamo
#126Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/4/13 at 10:04pm

When people here are talking about the Cirque shows they have seen, are they talking about going to a location where the circus is being performed and sitting in the seats under the big top or in the theater and seeing the circus performed right in front of them? Broadway guy?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

broadway guy
#127Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/4/13 at 10:11pm

Finding Namo: When i talk about the shows i have seen I am talking about the shows i have seen LIVE. As a gymnast almost every other year there would be a nationals or a competition in Las Vegas so we could see cirque shows while we were there. Sometimes it would be a team thing and the whole team would go see shows. My family goes to Orlando Florida for Christmas vacation every other year and thats when see see La Nouba. Ovo came to chicago a couple years ago ( where my family is) and we saw that show. Usually when a cirque show is in Chicago I will usually go see it. Hope that answers it for ya.

FindingNamo
#128Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/4/13 at 10:14pm

I was wondering because at one point you said you had to rewind something because it wasn't clear to you.

justincharacter
#129Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/4/13 at 10:17pm

^^He was talking about IRIS, he hasn't seen IRIS yet or never will?

Updated On: 7/4/13 at 10:17 PM

broadway guy
#130Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/4/13 at 10:18pm

Yeah i was talking about The IRIS video JustinCharacter posted. Cirque has a few shows on tape and i watch some of those but they don't compare to the live thing.

broadway guy
#131Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/4/13 at 10:23pm

If i was ever in LA and if IRIS was still playing I would definitely go see it. Watching the video is great but I think I would have enjoyed it more if it was Live.

Starship
#132Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/5/13 at 12:20am

I had the chance to see IRIS live, but I thought it was criminal to have to pay the price they were charging to see the show (which had been cut down and was receiving pretty bad reviews).

justincharacter
#133Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/5/13 at 12:24am

Wait, the ticket sales were cut down or was the show cut down then got bad reviews? As far as I know, IRIS received fantastic reviews

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#134Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/5/13 at 12:25am

The show was cut down, but not due to bad reviews. The prices did get cut down, and I saw it through Goldstar.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

FindingNamo
#135Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/5/13 at 12:27am

Did the set get cut down or was it the reviews that cut the show down?

Starship
#136Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/5/13 at 12:48am

The show was cut down and the reviews weren't so hot. Plus, Olga left and Cirque got rid of a handful of the cast and filled in some large empty spaces of the show with clown acts that were Banana Spheel quality.

broadway guy
#137Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/5/13 at 1:26pm

Finished watching ZAIA and its such a beautiful show. The straps act and the Russian plank/ trampoline act was my favorite. The Music is some of the best i have heard from cirque.

Starship
#138Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/5/13 at 2:38pm

Zaia is pretty amazing!

justincharacter
#139Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/5/13 at 4:50pm

ZAIA went through a lot of changes throughout it's years. It was as if they were stuck between two themes, and they didn't know which one to finally end on. They rapidly cut and replaced acts.

Updated On: 7/5/13 at 04:50 PM

justincharacter
#140Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/5/13 at 10:42pm

Heads up! I removed IRIS since we have moved on to a different topic or...show! If you want to see still, PM me!

broadway guy
#141Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/6/13 at 8:58am

I think i am done with IRIS. I'm waiting in anticipation for the next one you send Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?

justincharacter
#142Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/6/13 at 3:45pm

I had forgot that I had download the live version of La Nouba on my iPhone before it was removed and was completely shocked that I found it on there. I'm going to be trying to find out how to get it on my computer. The singer was AMAZING, the best I have ever heard her do.

Starship
#143Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/6/13 at 3:58pm

I didn't get to finish the 2nd act! PM me!

broadway guy
#144Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/6/13 at 7:38pm

Hey Starship or Justincharacter I have a few questions about cirque related stuff I was hoping you could answer for me.

1. Ross Gibson plays the Red Bird in Mystere and I read an article of him saying that 95 percent of his stage blocking is stuff he got to make up? Was the Red Bird always in MYSTERE or is it sort of a new thing?

2. Jason Berrent played the original trickster in KOOZA but I heard during the first week of performances he injured himself? Do you know what exactly happened?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#145Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/6/13 at 7:57pm

Why you ask mods make Seussical thread go bye bye?

broadway guy
#146Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/6/13 at 8:04pm

How do you ask one of them? I don't know why they deleted it, it was a very good thread when it stayed on topic. The OP still lives on the west end board so I'm not to torn up about it. You are one of the reasons it got deleted so you can ask them if you really want to know.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#147Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/6/13 at 8:21pm

I don't know why the thread went bye bye. And you were so proud of it... Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?

broadway guy
#148Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/6/13 at 8:32pm

I was proud that people liked my ideas but I really didn't care much for the thread as a whole. I mean its just a thread, whats to be proud of?

Updated On: 7/6/13 at 08:32 PM

justincharacter
#149Cirque du Soleil on Broadway?
Posted: 7/6/13 at 8:37pm

@Jordan The thread went bye, bye?!?!? I was really thinking about investing into that CATS revival!

@Broadwayguy The Red Bird has always been a character in Mystere, it's been and can be played by a male or a female.
About Jason Berrent, I'm not technically sure what happened, but it was right before the premiere in Montreal. Since he flips, dances, and runs around throughout the whole show, he probably ended up tearing or twisting something.