Cradle Will Rock

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#125Cradle Will Rock
Posted: 7/25/13 at 11:39am

Curtain came down, Anika sang a song, curtain came up, Raul had appeared on (next to?) the conductor's podium with his back to the audience, started singing the title song, and a good time was had.

There's an annual Christmastime benefit for an organization called ASTEP that he sometimes sings a song or two at, but now there's a television shooting schedule to content with, so. Although, can't imagine you would want to make a trip to see him maybe sing one song if seeing a really interesting musical wouldn't have been worth it since he was only in a third of the show. *shrug*

A work of art is an invitation to love.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#126Cradle Will Rock
Posted: 7/25/13 at 11:43am

Heh, Christmas shows. I would pay big money to see Raul in a kickline with the Rockettes at the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular.

Any shows for the fall have most likely been announced by now. Maybe something for next spring will come together, but not Christmas.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
Updated On: 7/25/13 at 11:43 AM

luvtheEmcee
#127Cradle Will Rock
Posted: 7/25/13 at 11:44am

I'm just going to say what everybody already knows, and put on record that I too would pay good money to see that. You're welcome.

Updated On: 7/25/13 at 11:44 AM

colby3 Profile Photo
colby3
#128Cradle Will Rock
Posted: 7/25/13 at 12:30pm

I wanted to see The Cradle will Rock but my friends backed out. I was upset I didnt get to see him a few weeks ago. I only recently discovered how talented he is, also verrrrry easy on the eyes! Cradle Will RockI would pay money to see Raul sing the phone book!

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#129Cradle Will Rock
Posted: 7/25/13 at 1:36pm

There is absolutely nothing condescending about saying that this is an easy piece to "get"--it IS. It would be an insult to Blitzstein to say that it isn't, given how repeatedly he spells out his message, explicitly, not even as metaphor much of the time. He wanted to communicate something directly, and the piece does.

luvtheEmcee
#130Cradle Will Rock
Posted: 7/25/13 at 2:34pm

I think there are two different things being said and they're both flying by one another: one poster talking about "get" as in, literally, to understand -- or even to follow. Don't forget that when someone says they don't "get" something, they may also mean they just don't see what's so good about it (and I suspect that's what the other poster meant). That doesn't mean they've actually failed to understand it.

And there's my online mediation for the day. You're welcome.

Updated On: 7/25/13 at 02:34 PM

Videos