pixeltracker

Wicked Lead Replacements- Page 2

Wicked Lead Replacements

beautywickedlover
#25Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 2:30pm

van der Pol wrote on Facebook a couple of weeks ago that she has some news that will be coming in a month or so. While 'Vanities' was debuting Off-Broadway in 2009 she said that she had her fourth callback to play Glinda.

"Playbill.com: Of course, you're busy with Vanities right now, but are there any other projects coming up for you?
AVDP: I've had a lot of auditions out here, which are going well. I had my fourth Wicked callback. It was for Glinda. The funny role. I might stay out here and see what happens."

http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/article/130735-PLAYBILLCOMS-BRIEF-ENCOUNTER-With-Anneliese-van-der-Pol

But it was Erin Mackey took over for Alli Mauzey in August 2009 and Chandra Lee Schwartz who succeeded Katie Rose Clarke in the 1st National Tour that month.
Updated On: 7/22/13 at 02:30 PM

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#26Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 2:37pm

So, it could be possible she will be playing Glinda? I didn't know she has the range...

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#27Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 2:39pm

Apparently the new Glinda is a recycled one.

Stevil907 Profile Photo
Stevil907
#28Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 2:41pm

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask -- but are there any actresses that have played both Elphaba and Glinda (not understudies or swings)?

RENT_is_Wicked2
#29Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 2:46pm

Louise Dearman was Glinda along side Rachel Tucker in the London production. Now she's the lead Elphaba. There's someone else As well I think... I can't remember who though.

justincharacter
#30Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 2:47pm

Louise Dearman has been the only one.

RW3
#31Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 2:55pm

wdwfreak, You've got to be kidding me!!! A recycled Glinda!!! Don't get me wrong I've love Wicked since 2003 and I just want them to cast a new actress to play G(a)linda!!! Did you know the last person to be completely new to Glinda was Jennifer Laura Thompson. That was 9 years ago. From then on they have relied on Glinda's from LA, Chicago, San Francisco, 1NT, 2NT, or Glinda's who were new to Bway and then take them out on tour and then bring them back for a return engagement. I hope this doesn't sound too harsh

justincharacter
#32Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 3:01pm

No, I agree with you. They tried something new by going with Lindsay Mendez for Elphaba (who is obviously completely new to the role), and it turned out really great. They should try to do the same with the Glindas from now on.

Updated On: 7/22/13 at 03:01 PM

beautywickedlover
#33Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 3:14pm

"They tried something new by going with Lindsay Mendez for Elphaba (who is obviously completely new to the role)"

There was also Nicole Parker and Mandy Gonzalez, even though Gonzalez previously appeared in the ensemble during one of the readings.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#34Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 3:25pm

Mandy Gonzalez had also been offered Elphaba before and passed, when IN THE HEIGHTS was transferring from Off-Broadway to Broadway.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

justincharacter
#35Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 3:40pm

Shoshana Bean has to come back at some point. She had a killer voice and her acting skills were great (personally, she's my second favorite Elphaba after Willemijn).

I think Megan Hilty should cross over to Elphaba, she would be great in the role. Even though I'd like to see Shoshana as Elphaba again, it would be interesting to see her as Glinda for one night. She has the range

Updated On: 7/22/13 at 03:40 PM

timesboylive
#36Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 3:47pm

I think Mamie Paris should be leading broadway. Or Caissie Levy. They were both great in the role, and held their own and LEAD that show!

And I'd love to see Betsy Wolfe play Glinda.. I think she'd be strong and for sure could sing it

justincharacter
#37Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 3:57pm

Betsy Wolfe would be nice. I happen to now know who is replacing Clarke, and I'm slightly disappointed. It's kind of a stupid decision...

Bwaydide92
#38Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 3:58pm

Lindsay Mendez just started like a month ago and we're already thinking about her replacement. Damn.

justincharacter
#39Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 4:04pm

Katie Rose Clarke just started about two months ago and they are already replacing her in September. So, your point? (Yeah, yeah I know she has already played the role a lot)

RW3
#40Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 4:12pm

justincharacter, who is replacing KRC?

justincharacter
#41Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 4:23pm

Let's just say she has been with Wicked for a long time...

RW3
#42Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 4:31pm

Here are my selections as possible G(a)linda and Elphaba replacements
G(a)linda:
Kara Lindsay
Anneliese van der Pol
Marla Mindelle
Taylor Louderman
Elphaba:
Christina Sajous(1st Lead African American Elphaba)
Samantha Barks
Laura Osnes
Krysta Rodriguez(?)

RW3
#43Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 4:32pm

justincharacter, that doesn't sound to good Wicked Lead Replacements

Nerwen
#44Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 4:35pm

Has Laura Osnes the range for Elphaba? Patina would be interesting, but that´s not gonna happen.

Maybe Laura could do Glinda.

Updated On: 7/22/13 at 04:35 PM

RW3
#45Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 4:42pm

If there is one good thing, at least in the 10 years Wicked has been on Bway, the producers have never stunt cast the roles of Elphaba and G(a)linda before.

justincharacter
#46Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 4:44pm

I always thought about Wicked doing holiday (November-January) or summer engagements (May-September) where they bring in A-List actresses and actors to take on the leads like the Hollywood Bowl, but a much, much longer run. Laura Osnes as Glinda would be my first pick

RW3
#47Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 4:47pm

Nerwen, I understand where you are coming from as far as Laura having the range to play Elphaba, but as Broadway fan, I'm tired of her playing the stereotypical goodie girl roles:Sandy, Hope, Ella. Even though Glinda has ALOT more depth.

kurt.perry41
#48Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 4:48pm

It's kind of fantastic about the fact they've never stunt casted. But the way it's written it really doesn't need to be cast that way. It doesn't matter who goes un in that cherry picker, people are going to love it. Lol

I doubt Shoshana will ever come back, she has a flourishing pop/r&b career and I think she needs something written for her that is tailored to her vocals.

I'd love to see Marla take a stab at either of the roles actually. She's a crazy beltress in the vein of Shoshana, but I've also heard her do some amazing things in her soprano range. It Would be interesting to see if they took Glinda in a more character'y direction.

beautywickedlover
#49Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 4:53pm

"Let's just say she has been with Wicked for a long time..."

It's probably Alli Mauzey or Chandra Lee Schwartz who is returning.