pixeltracker

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.- Page 3

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#50Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 4/10/14 at 1:52am

Apparently the powers that be @ Marvel had warned the show runners about the S.H.I.E.L.D. that was paralleling in The Winter Soldier and its prob one of the reasons that the episodes have been a bit hit and miss.
While i will miss Hand- I was always suspicious about Ward and REALLY suspicious about Garrett - i mean Bill Paxton in such a tertiary role?- I think this show can go some really interesting ways with a new "resistance" style S.H.I.E.L.D. w/out the budget and the sooper gizmos- time will tell. ( hey and Dethlok cld finally join in now!)

Updated On: 4/11/14 at 01:52 AM

beautywickedlover
#51Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 5/14/14 at 7:59pm

I haven't seen the season finale yet, but in case no one already knew, the show will air in a different time-slot next season.

ABC's 2014-2015 Schedule: S.H.I.E.L.D. at 9pm, Black-ish After ModFam, and a Shonda Hat Trick on Thursdays

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#52Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 5/15/14 at 12:36am

They are smart to do what they're also doing with Once--and airing only new episodes, in this case broken up by the retro tie-in Shield show Agent Carter. The last few episodes have been a HUGE improvement. But the ratings are still slipping-- I think next season has potential, but I still don't trust Jed Whedon and crew to deliver--but I'm hopeful. I do think the show may gain momentum over the Summer due to a lot of online praise for the final five or so episodes--they would be smart to release the DVDs now.

AVClub's overall review of the year nails it, however they give it a B-, and I would be tempted to give it a C+. http://www.avclub.com/review/after-bumpy-first-season-agents-shield-comes-excit-204517

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#53Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 5/16/14 at 8:15pm

I reeely liked the finale. *** SPOILERS***

The Double death of Garret- I really expected him to go bwah haha he was so OTT psycho

May kicking Ward's evil/cute butt! ( shout out to Salander)

The FitzSimomons "reveal" and rescue

and of course the Fury/Coulson comedy bits!

Let's see where they can go w the rebuild next season!

EricMontreal22
#54Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 5/16/14 at 9:26pm

I agree with everything except Garett's double death. I know most Whedon fans love it (his shows have had the same finale in Buffy and Firefly) but it made no sense to me. How did he get out of the super coffin? Why was Coulson there just trying to figure out what some weapon was?

beautywickedlover
#55Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 5/24/14 at 11:22am

I finally watched the last two episodes of the season last night and they were both entertaining from beginning to end. It was a great first season and I am excited to see what they will do with season 2.

#56Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 5/24/14 at 2:06pm

TO WATCH Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. FULL MOVIE PLEASE
CLICK HERE ==> http://goo.gl/2CWNlB

============================================

After the Battle of New York, the world has changed. It now knows not only about the Avengers, but also the powerful menaces that require those superheroes and more to face them. In response, Phil Coulson of the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division assembles an elite covert team to find and deal with these threats wherever they are found. With a world rapidly becoming more bizarre and dangerous than ever before as the supervillains arise, these agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are ready to take them on.

Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons
http://goo.gl/2CWNlB

beautywickedlover
#57Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 8/7/14 at 11:02pm

Kyle MacLachlan has been cast as Skye's father.

Kyle MacLachlan joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' as Skye's father

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#58Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 8/8/14 at 10:37am

I'm most excited about the addition of LUCY (F)LAWLESS.

Updated On: 8/8/14 at 10:37 AM

beautywickedlover
#59Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 9/24/14 at 10:55am

That was a solid premiere. I was surprised that Ward is till a part of the show. Even though he is locked up in a cell I did not expect him to be back.

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#60Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 9/24/14 at 7:06pm

Clearly they have plans for Ward, which makes me kind of -- idk. I could do without him. I don't want to see a redemption arc for him, and I'm pretty convinced they're going to do one. I will say he's a lot more interesting now -- and ever since the twist, really -- than he ever was before.

I thought the premiere was a lot of fun, though. I got REALLY PISSED at the possibility of Lucy Lawless's character being dead already, but my friend pointed out that the item she grabbed is supposed to "beat death" or whatever, as per the start of the ep. SO.

EricMontreal22
#61Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 9/24/14 at 9:30pm

It had some big improvements it seemed--we have a clear end goal target for this season (one issue with last year was how random the first half seemed,) and, I mean I enjoyed it I guess.

Still have some issues. I read a comment on FB I totally agree with--this show reportedly has a HUGE budget for network tv, why are they always fighting in such bland warehouses, etc? Alias, years back with probably half the budget managed to have cool locations -- everything ultimately looks the same here, no matter where they are.

At first I wondered about ALL the new instant characters. But obviously they were going for a Joss Whedon-lite moment where we are meant to be surprised about how many got killed off... Umm, this only really works if the audience at least kinda gets to know the characters. I'm also on the fence with poor Fitz' hallucinating -- again it seems like Joss Whedon-lite (didn't Angel do this? I know one of his shows did.) It did surprise me though--I never noticed that Simmons didn't directly act with anyone else, but they better give a kick ass explanation as to why she thought he would do better with her gone, because as it plays so far it completely is out of character.

Good use of The Aborber--a comic book villain who was effective, looked cool, and wasn't over explained (though I'm not sure a concrete bump would have caused that much damage to a car.)

Obviously we'll get a, again, Whedon-lite redemption arc for Ward. I actually liked that they kinda went dark about his suicide attempts, but... I predict for about half the season he will be the Hannibal Lector thing--each episode they'll go to get some intel from him--and then for some reason he will have to be set free (maybe the compound gets discovered and someone, Skye probably, is all alone and releases him to help her...) and that starts it off. I'm kinda meh. I admit, I found the character much more interesting with the thing about howhe had been brainwashed/abused since his childhood and hope they address that more, but, still, kinda, meh.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#62Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 9/25/14 at 4:27pm

Totally agree re Simmons- completly out of character. A big splot on the note book for me.

EricMontreal22
#63Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 9/25/14 at 10:54pm

Unless maybe she's playing with that alien goo that Coulson told her not to use and they fought about as some sort of cure? That's all I can think of.

beautywickedlover
beautywickedlover
#65Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 10/16/14 at 10:57pm

I thought the "Mei hates coffee" line was brilliant and next week looks intense.

beautywickedlover
#66Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:55pm

That was an amazing mid-season finale. It sucks that there won't be a new episode till March.

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#67Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 12/11/14 at 3:08pm

So thrilled with all the Inhumans stuff but I am SO ANGRY ABOUT TRIP!!!!

For anyone who's interested, this is who Skye is: http://marvel.wikia.com/Daisy_Johnson_%28Earth-616%29

And this is her dad: http://marvel.wikia.com/Calvin_Zabo_(Earth-616) Updated On: 12/11/14 at 03:08 PM

beautywickedlover
#68Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 4/10/15 at 8:16pm

I've loved the plot during this half of the season. I also cannot wait to see Mei's back-story next week. Plus, a spin-off is in the works.

Marvel developing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff for ABC -- exclusive

javero Profile Photo
javero
#69Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Posted: 4/11/15 at 9:21am

I'm into this show again after stepping away for a minute due to boredom.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.