Sunset Boulevard

Gothampc
#1Sunset Boulevard
Posted: 11/8/13 at 10:07pm

I just realized that most of Act 2 of Sunset Boulevard is reprises. Is this the laziest Act 2 in musical theater?

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#2Sunset Boulevard
Posted: 11/8/13 at 10:11pm

Yep. It was no other explanation but laziness. I like some of Webber's work, including sunset blvd. but man, he should really put some more effort there. What a missed opportunity!

N2N Nate. Profile Photo
N2N Nate.
#2Sunset Boulevard
Posted: 11/8/13 at 10:20pm

The only good songs in that show are "With one Look" and "As if we never said goodbye". The rest is just mediocre.

So Lauren Bacall me, anything goes! *wink*

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#3Sunset Boulevard
Posted: 11/9/13 at 12:32pm

There are non-reprises in the second act, such as "As If We Never Said Goodbye," "Too Much In Love To Care," and the title song, but many of the melodies have been used already. LOTS of reprises, but it's still my favorite work by Sir Andrew behind Evita.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#4Sunset Boulevard
Posted: 11/9/13 at 8:15pm

"I just realized that most of Act 2 of Sunset Boulevard is reprises. Is this the laziest Act 2 in musical theater?"

You just now realized?

How lazy is THAT?!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

DooWahDiddy Profile Photo
DooWahDiddy
#5Sunset Boulevard
Posted: 11/9/13 at 9:13pm

If you want to use it as an example of laziness, you should also point out that Sunset Boulevard is pretty much a re-write of Aspects of Love. I say that as a fan of both shows, but it really can't be denied.

Gothampc
#6Sunset Boulevard
Posted: 11/9/13 at 10:02pm

"You just now realized?

How lazy is THAT?!"

I know, right? And I've seen the show three times, once in London and twice on Broadway.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Latest Posts