pixeltracker

KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era- Page 6

KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#125KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 9/24/14 at 9:32pm

On second listen, the songs are a mixed bag, and I can see why some are being used as filler/interlude choices, but still pretty adventurous for her.

I was hoping she'd do her recent cancer charity song, however.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#126KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 9/24/14 at 11:03pm

KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era

EricMontreal22
#127KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 9/25/14 at 12:07am

LOL ouch

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#128KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 9/25/14 at 4:32am

I kid, I kid. I am VERY impressed with this collection of songs, though. I love that Garibay's production is a bit rougher around the edges and not as compressed as the sound on her last two albums. Tell me you loved "Break This Heartbreak". I mean, my GOD, when that beat drops and those crazy futuristic synths twist around and her ethereal vocals float over? I'm sold. I really hope that song is an indication of where she might be going in the future. It's easily the most daring, interesting thing she's recorded since "Slow". It wouldn't be out of place on a Robyn/Royksopp recording or even a Roisin Murphy one, but still feels very "Kylie". I thought the "Glow" was quite good - especially the crazy second half of the song, the first half sounds a bit too "Gaga" for my taste. I'm quite surprised at how much I like "Chasing Ghosts" as well. I'm generally not a fan of Kylie's cross-over attempts into what is crassly described as the "urban" sound - see "Red Blooded Woman", but the unlikely mix of this big beat/dancehall beat and the killer intro from whomever that guy is works surprisingly well with Kylie's vocal. I'll give you that "Wait" is not as strong as the other three, but I don't hate it.

Eric - have you seen video/photos from Liverpool? I'm, uh, I'm not feeling so bad about the US missing this tour. There is clearly a lower budget this time. Perhaps her lowest since Fever. From what I've seen, there is nothing as iconic or innovative as, say, the giant floating diamond skull from the X tour of the waterworks of the Aphrodite tour. In fact, the show looks like it could fit into her US tour venues with very few adjustments.

EricMontreal22
#129KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 9/28/14 at 2:38pm

She always said she wanted to do a small tour--while her record sales are not amazing, her concerts sell well so I can't help but think the smaller feel of her tour was on purpose. I actually really enjoyed the iTunes filming of it last night (it's still online for a few days, if you missed it...)

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#130KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 9/28/14 at 9:59pm

Just watched it. A mixed bag, I'd say. She is just effortlessly charming on stage, but it did feel like a step down from prior tours in terms of concepts and design. The lighting was spectacular at times, though. Loved the way the lights filled the space. The dancers felt terribly under-utilized. And, yeah, I know it's a slightly scaled down version of the actual stadium tour. But it's not THAT scaled down. I thought the mid section that started with "Step Back in Time" was the best - best mix of casual/easygoing Kylie and choreographed spectacle.

EricMontreal22
#131KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 9/29/14 at 6:38pm

I pretty much agree with everything you say. It did feel more like a mix of her Money Can't Buy concert and the larger ones. Perhaps at this point when she has recently always gone so massive with her shows (even the scaled down N America version of Les Folles,) it's unavoidable.

EricMontreal22
#132KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 10/7/14 at 9:47pm

Last week Kylie released her cover of Bette Davis Eyes. Apparently it's for some BBC2 compilation of 80s covers. The production is fairly generic, but it's fun (though her last BBC compilation cover, Love is the Drug was more interesting.) http://www.idolator.com/7565583/kylie-minogue-bette-davis-eyes-kim-carnes-cover Between this, the EP, the random tracks that should have made her album, and even going back to no physical releases for Skirt or (especially) Timebomb I have no idea what's going on with Kylie's music releases lately, but I on't mind these random tracks popping up.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#133KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 10/9/14 at 4:33am

Gosh, I dunno. I feel like "Bette Davis Eyes" is a terrible song for anyone to cover, but especially Kylie. It's hardly one of the great achievements in songwriting, it's Kim Carnes' distinctive gravely voice that makes it great. Without her, it's a cute song.

Speaking of covers, have you seen this, Eric? I think there's something cheeky and even subversive about covering your dead ex boyfriend's signature song, but I think she pulls it off with aplomb.

EricMontreal22
#134KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 10/9/14 at 12:06pm

Ah, I've always loved bette Davies Eyes--ever since it was on my MiniPops tape when I was 3 or 4 :P (The original version by writer Jackie DeShannon--she of What the World Needs Now fame--is like a twangy country song, BTW.)

Yes! I thought that was a perfect cover as well--was surprised it was left off the iTunes concert. And of course Kylie gets a half verse in the new BBC God Only Knows all-star cover

EricMontreal22
#135KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 11/20/14 at 11:29am

The film footage that shows in chunks throughout her tour has been released as a 9 minute video (this is where those demos are from) online from Vogue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz1JyoXvZXk#t=117

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#136KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 11/20/14 at 7:52pm

These songs still sound great to me. I really hope it's an indication of where things are going next. Even though these were clearly produced for less than Beyonce's Fiji water budget - Kylie looks great - that hair style looks perfect on her. I forgot it was essentially a long ad for bras until then end. Shame they didn't include "Chasing Ghosts".

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#138KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 9/11/15 at 7:19am

Kylie just dropped a second surprise Kylie + Garibay EP on us this morning.  Overall, I prefer the first "Sleepwalker" EP they did, but really enjoying this track - just wish that killer funky disco guitar outro were longer (or used as a bridge as well).  I think Garibay's production is best appreciated with good headphones/speakers (oh, and, I believe that's Giorgio Moroder in the spoken intro):

EricMontreal22 said: 
Yes! I thought that was a perfect cover as well--was surprised it was left off the iTunes concert. And of course Kylie gets a half verse in the new BBC God Only Knows all-star cover"

Oh, and, Eric, "Need You Tonight" was also left off of the ITV broadcast of the KMO tour, but a kind soul uploaded it to Vimeo and it's really ****ing fantastic.  Just stumbled upon it today:

Updated On: 9/11/15 at 07:19 AM

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#139KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 9/11/15 at 9:53pm

Thanks, HT. I'm looking forward to giving that a proper listen when I get a chance.

Have you heard her song from the new (flop) Simon Pegg movie, Absolutely Anything? Fun but forgettable, I figured it wasn't worth a thread-bump in its own right, but no harm in squeezing it in here.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#140KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 9/12/15 at 3:21am

That was a purposeful omission on my part Jay.  KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era

I will say, awful embarrassing video and disposable song aside, her vocals do sound fantastic on "Absolutely Anything".  I guess whoever produced it knows how to work with her.  The wrong producers can send her into nasal chirpy town really fast.  

The Glenbuck Laird Profile Photo
The Glenbuck Laird
#141KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 9/12/15 at 12:19pm

Loved Kylie's oily car mechanic era me

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#142KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 10/30/15 at 9:47pm

Minogue with Shears and Rodgers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N62Edu_WIhs

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#143KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 11/18/15 at 2:42am

Love love love Kylie's cover of The Waitresses' "Christmas Wrapping," featuring Iggy Pop (!?)....

And, I'm in dancefloor Christmas heaven with this ridiculous, improbable disco Christmas ditty featuring her sis Dannii...

Updated On: 11/18/15 at 02:42 AM

EricMontreal22
#144KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 11/18/15 at 3:18am

It's a mixed bag but, shock, I enjoy it too. The disco song is from Biffco who she hasn't worked with since The One but I always liked their collars. No doubt they pulled this from their desk drawers and just added in the Christmas bits but no matter

EricMontreal22
#145KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 11/18/15 at 3:18am

It's a mixed bag but, shock, I enjoy it too. The disco song is from Biffco who she hasn't worked with since The One but I always liked their collars. No doubt they pulled this from their desk drawers and just added in the Christmas bits but no matter