Broad City

blueroses
#25Broad City
Posted: 1/30/15 at 9:14am

I live for this show. I want Bingo Bronson to take me to Whole Foods when I am high in chola makeup, meet dogs that look like Judith Light and hang out with Abbi, Ilana, Lincoln and Jaime 24/7.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#26Broad City
Posted: 1/30/15 at 11:30am

A HUGE fave of mine as well. And, after two episodes that I found fun but a bit meh--I could do with a non Bevers focused episode,) this last one was BRILLIANT. Sadly, I think Abbi high on so many pills, shopping at Whole Foods with an evil plush toy goading her on basically explains my experience whenever I go into that evil shop.

I know I shouldn't get sucked into the sorta serialized story telling, but I'm glad she is finally going on a date with Jeremy (as much as I enjoy her making up more excuses to have a fight with someone on the phone when she's uncomfortable---sigh, I can relate,) and I look forward to how disastrous it will be.

blueroses
#27Broad City
Posted: 1/30/15 at 11:37am

I was relieved to have a Bevers-free episode, too.

I'm also excited about the date with Jeremy. He's nice, adorable and digs her Drew Barrymore impression. What's not to love?

FindingNamo
#28Broad City
Posted: 1/30/15 at 11:59am

Jaime "having fun" with finding the Abbi flavor was exactly how it would have gone down for me if that were my task. Only Jaime was more butch.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#29Broad City
Posted: 1/30/15 at 11:59am

Exactly! I almost did a happy dance (without Dee-Lite video graphics,) along with Abbi when he actually said yes.

During the break between seasons I watched all of their original online episodes. It's fun to see where a lot of the material came from.

I looked up reviews for the last episode, because I obnoxiously like to do that after watching a tv show I like, and *several* commented that Comedy was brave and lucky to get away with showing how exactly to make a pot/brownie smoothie. Maybe it's because I'm Canadian, but what am I missing?

FindingNamo
#30Broad City
Posted: 1/30/15 at 12:01pm

Just enjoying a funny show?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#31Broad City
Posted: 1/30/15 at 12:06pm

Eric, I know we're weird about showing drug use here, but I wouldn't think it would be an issue on a cable show. I dunno, though.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#32Broad City
Posted: 1/30/15 at 12:14pm

"We all do it, but we don't want to see or talk about!"

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#33Broad City
Posted: 1/30/15 at 12:18pm

I know that there are degrees of what people can get away with (like in Across the Universe, when they are smoking weed, there is actually nothing in their hands but smoke still comes out of their mouths), but I'm assuming cable can get away with more. I was trying to figure out what she used for those firecrackers. I always just used peanut butter.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#34Broad City
Posted: 1/30/15 at 12:45pm

Wasn't it Nutella?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

blueroses
#35Broad City
Posted: 1/30/15 at 2:48pm

I'd watch a spinoff of Jaime in 42 Squirts!

"Why would we want old raisins and peanuts?"

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#36Broad City
Posted: 1/30/15 at 2:55pm

I started watching season 2 and I regret not seeing season 1 now because it is hilarious.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

blueroses
#37Broad City
Posted: 2/5/15 at 12:25pm

Susie Essman was DREAM CASTING.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#38Broad City
Posted: 2/5/15 at 12:27pm

That episode was really perfection.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#39Broad City
Posted: 2/5/15 at 12:40pm

I don't think there's been an episode I haven't loved.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#40Broad City
Posted: 2/5/15 at 12:44pm

I didn't love the episode three weeks ago, which featured Bevers a bit too heavily. That may have actually been my least favorite Broad City episode.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#41Broad City
Posted: 2/5/15 at 1:35pm

Was that the one where Bevers joined Soulstice? I can see that, although I do like any opportunity we get to look at Trey. Right now my two favorite episodes are Hurricane Wanda and Wisdom Teeth.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#42Broad City
Posted: 2/5/15 at 1:53pm

Paul Downs is fiiiiiine.

Updated On: 2/5/15 at 01:53 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#43Broad City
Posted: 2/5/15 at 2:06pm

I'd peg that.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#44Broad City
Posted: 2/5/15 at 2:24pm

I'd also peg Jeremy.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#45Broad City
Posted: 2/5/15 at 2:27pm

Definitely.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#46Broad City
Posted: 2/5/15 at 2:36pm

We'll trade off.

blueroses
#47Broad City
Posted: 2/5/15 at 2:40pm

I loved Hurricane Wanda and Wisdom Teeth, too! But Working Girls is up there...the dog park, Rachel Dratch, GAROL on North Brother Island.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#48Broad City
Posted: 2/5/15 at 2:43pm

It looked like Garol will be returning next week!

blueroses
#49Broad City
Posted: 2/5/15 at 2:46pm

Yay Garol! Maybe someone will have to sign for Jeremy's new Shinjo.

Videos