Bravo Ramin

grammy
#100Bravo Ramin
Posted: 4/27/14 at 2:13am

saw the ramin glare in person tonight - and it was awesome/intimidating as hell. i was sitting 2nd row right next to the walk way extension of the stage on the right side of the orchestra. the guy in front of me thought it was ok to put his playbill up there even though we were told by ushers not to place anything on there. unfortunately for the gentleman in front of me, ramin saw it laying there and within the first 10 minutes of the show had made a point to stare him down about 3 times until he finally got a clue and took it off.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#101Bravo Ramin
Posted: 4/27/14 at 7:05am

Wow! Who is STUPID enough to put the playbill on the stage? Common sense, people.

And you go, Ramin! Bravo Ramin

Tsao5
#102Bravo Ramin
Posted: 4/27/14 at 8:27am

2 wandering thoughts:

1. Me wonders if having someone come out to make the announcement about cell phones and candy wrapping would make more of a difference than having the announcement. People often just tune out the announcement. I once saw a regional production where someone came out before the show, and got the attention of everyone and made the announcement. She was very polite and said ok now is EVERYBODY's cell phone off? They were. I dunno, just thinking.

2. What if it was not Valjean, but one of the ladies in the ensemble who addressed the audience? If say, one of the ensemble members from Wicked or if a Miss Saigon ensemble member broke the 4th wall and chastised an audience member verbally or not would they get in some trouble from management? Would the audience be pissed? Would their fellow cast members be pissed?

Personally, if I was seeing, let's say Phantom of the Opera, and one of the members of the ensemble took it upon themselves to say something to a guy two rows in front of me or even next to me, I would think it was in fact really unprofessional. It is an irritant that performers have come to expect and they know that it might happen......how they respond to that seems to either have some cheering and others.....not so much.

Meh, just thinking out loud-and yes, I did turn my cellphone off to read this thread.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#103Bravo Ramin
Posted: 4/27/14 at 8:46am

"2. What if it was not Valjean, but one of the ladies in the ensemble who addressed the audience? If say, one of the ensemble members from Wicked or if a Miss Saigon ensemble member broke the 4th wall and chastised an audience member verbally or not would they get in some trouble from management? Would the audience be pissed? Would their fellow cast members be pissed?"

A stare is not chastising an audience member verbally.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#104Bravo Ramin
Posted: 4/27/14 at 10:36am

Offenders better be careful

Next time he may be packing heat. He may whip out a 357 magnum (the most powerful handgun in the world and it can blow your head clean off) Ramin will say " Do you feel lucky punk"?

Maybe than they will get the message

Poster Emeritus

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#105Bravo Ramin
Posted: 4/27/14 at 1:27pm

I think it's bizarre that the ushers didn't remove it, but since those ushers are nowhere you be seen, I guess I'm not surprised. I would have kicked his playbill off the stage in his direction.

Kinky Boots makes the announcement fun. Don comes out to make the announcement, and screws with people with their phones still on. I thought it was clever, and people are obviously going to respond to humor a lot better than someone yelling at them about it. With most shows though, that isn't going to fit.

PositivelyEmerald
#106Bravo Ramin
Posted: 4/27/14 at 1:33pm

Tsao5:

When is saw If/Then I sat in the rear balcony and an usher actually did come up where we were sitting before the show and made a hilarious speech about turning things off. She got an applause immediately after.