Saturday Night Fervor

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#75Saturday Night Fervor
Posted: 5/20/14 at 7:02pm

One correction- I am by all means NOT riled. Just commenting on a message board. The day that anything on here disturbs my peaceful life, I'll leave. I may come back, but if I'm not having fun, there's no reason to remain.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

After Eight
#76Saturday Night Fervor
Posted: 5/20/14 at 7:21pm

"So who cares, so what"

So who cares, so what about what anyone thinks, including yourself?

If it's all "so who cares, so what," why even have a message board at all?

Why have any discussions with anyone at all, anywhere at all, anytime at all, about anything at all?

And similarly, why did you waste your time writing your impassioned diatribe?

But thanks for your advice about how I should be living out whatever days remain for me on this earth. I certainly know where to look to find out how not to live out those days.

Liza's Headband
#77Saturday Night Fervor
Posted: 5/20/14 at 7:29pm

Because he has something to prove. He feels this undeniable need to impress. And he clearly cannot do it in the real world, so he does it in the virtual world.

It's easy to say "So who cares, so what" on an online message board. Not as easy to say in person where there could be repercussions for such an absurd jackass attitude.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#78Saturday Night Fervor
Posted: 5/20/14 at 7:31pm

You're welcome! Now, sing with me

http://youtu.be/qPvBQi4R1cY

Updated On: 5/20/14 at 07:31 PM

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#79Saturday Night Fervor
Posted: 5/20/14 at 7:33pm

I think Jane gave you the best advice anyone has ever given you here, After Eight. I too think it would do you much good to go whoop it up at a show. Let your hair down and have some fun. When you see Holler If You Hear Me, and we all know you will, cheer a little extra after Tonya's big number.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#80Saturday Night Fervor
Posted: 5/20/14 at 7:37pm

I feel sad for AfterEight. Sounds to me like he needs a hug.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#81Saturday Night Fervor
Posted: 5/20/14 at 7:39pm

Thanks Whizzer. And I feel the same about After Eight, Carlos.

Anyway, Liza's, surprisingly enough, I learned in life that the best cure for what ails me (other than actual physical health), is to say "so what?" works like a charm.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#82Saturday Night Fervor
Posted: 5/20/14 at 7:41pm

Not all behavior is praiseworthy.

Of course not. You've proven that by example. But nobody said otherwise.

That little fact seems to upset quite a few people. Perhaps it's our self-centered age.

Nope. That's just you referring to a horse but calling it a mule. You can't argue a point by changing it.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

FindingNamo
#83Saturday Night Fervor
Posted: 5/20/14 at 7:56pm

Honest to god, why does Liza's Headband always run to the "person x must be terribly unfulfilled in real life" line like a lab rat poking a lever for cheese? It's quite something to see. And it should be OBVIOUS to the little sleuth that it's not true, if he really believes what he thinks he knows.

"Why have any discussions with anyone at all, anywhere at all, anytime at all, about anything at all?"

Dismissing something as "absurd" that was obviously thought out and coming from a place of compassion is encouraging of discussion in what ways, approximately?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 5/20/14 at 07:56 PM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#84Saturday Night Fervor
Posted: 5/20/14 at 8:34pm

Saturday Night Fervor

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".