pixeltracker

Shootings! Shootings! Shootings! Today's and tomorrow's shootings!- Page 6

Shootings! Shootings! Shootings! Today's and tomorrow's shootings!

FindingNamo
#125today's shootings
Posted: 6/27/14 at 9:28am

Bless them for sacrificing their life for our gun rights. #heroes

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#126today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 11:44am

I think they said 20 shootings over the weekend here in NY. Is that enough, gun peeps?

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#127today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 12:01pm

One person shot in Park Slope, Brooklyn, this morning. Have a nice day, gun people!

Liza's Headband
#128today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 12:46pm

Do you know how many of those were shootings were committed with illegally obtained and/or unregistered guns?

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#129today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 1:13pm

no, do you?

Liza's Headband
#130today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 1:25pm

I do! And, surprise surprise, it's a rather large percentage since the NYC numbers you're referring to are greatly comprised of gang violence incidents (gang on gang).

FindingNamo
#131today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 1:26pm

Which changes nothing. Except it gives a troll a boner to frame it as if it does.

Liza's Headband
#132today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 1:28pm

As I've said countless times, CC, I am in support of gun control. But I am not in support of skewing numbers and facts to support one's argument.. regardless of which side I fall on that argument. Not disclosing what percentage of those shootings were enacted with illegally obtained or unregistered guns is deceiving since those shootings (predominantly gang on gang) would happen with or without our much needed gun control.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#133today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 1:29pm

"I do! And, surprise surprise, it's a rather large percentage since the NYC numbers you're referring to are greatly comprised of gang violence incidents (gang on gang)."

What the hell is the goddamn difference, nudnik?

Liza's Headband
#134today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 1:31pm

^ I answered to that above, Jane.

FindingNamo
#135today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 1:35pm

"regardless of which side I fall on that argument."

But of course you don't because you're another phony in the mythical American middle, totally side-free. And stop with the CC you completed and utter imbecile.

Liza's Headband
#136today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 1:38pm

It's either FN or CC, and I prefer to speak honestly so I usually go with CC. I'll try to switch up. Sorry.

Also, that is your opinion with regard to "mythical American middle." You are the one who describes it as side-free. Sorry, professor, but that's incorrect. Of course Centrists have sides. They choose sides all the time. Both left and right. On a number of issues. They just refuse to identify with one singular party. You need to get over it.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#137today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 1:41pm

"It's either FN or CC, and I prefer to speak honestly so I usually go with CC. "

This is so much fun!

FindingNamo
#138today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 1:42pm

Well, why do you use Liza's Headband if speaking "honestly" is so important to you?

You should drop the CC though. Really. HONESTLY.

And yes, people like you spread the myth that you're centrists when what you are is reactionary right-leaning but you realize the baggage that really comes with. And you're understandably embarrassed.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#139today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 1:44pm

I know Jane!

It's killing me to watch this unfold, but it's so hilarious.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 6/30/14 at 01:44 PM

Liza's Headband
#140today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 1:45pm

Ah, so you can read my mind?! How did you come to pick up this astonishing talent? Your (limited) credentials in journalism...?

FindingNamo
#141today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 1:54pm

I read your mind a lot better than you read me.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#142today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 2:36pm

"^ I answered to that above, Jane."

No, there's no difference. Every shot came out of a gun, Laertes.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#143today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 2:38pm

It's either FN or CC, and I prefer to speak honestly so I usually go with CC.

Honestly, you're so pitifully hilarious.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#144today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 3:19pm

Namo I don't know why you think it's such a myth to have different opinions about political subjects.

I'm not a registered Republican or Democrat. I've voted for both parties candidates depending on how I believe someone is qualified for the job.

FindingNamo
#145today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 3:50pm

I just believe there's a fundamental appeal in American mythology to discussions like these that is similar to the people who claim to be "colorblind" or "don't see disabilities".

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#146today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 4:21pm

It doesn't make any difference to the victims whether the guns are illegal or not - Liza's Headband, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but can't you see that?

If guns weren't being manufactured in such numbers to satisfy the "legal" market, then they would be much harder to attain period. It really is quite simple, no? You seem to be suggesting that, even if the laws were changed, it wouldn't make make much difference.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 6/30/14 at 04:21 PM

FindingNamo
#147today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 4:30pm

I'm just hoping he's willfully overlooking that point and not too stupid to figure it out. Like that other point!

Updated On: 6/30/14 at 04:30 PM

Liza's Headband
#148today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 4:34pm

You are correct, Jay. I firmly believe the number of shootings enacted by illegally obtained or unregistered firearms would, for the most part, remain unchanged with stricter gun control. I fully support it and do believe it will greatly reduce the number of unnecessary shootings and mass shootings, but not daily gun violence or gang on gang violence as a whole. The City of Chicago is a perfect example of what I am trying to speak to.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#149today's shootings
Posted: 6/30/14 at 4:54pm

...but what about in the long-term? Obviously things wouldn't change overnight, it would take generations. Our great-grandchildren will thank us!

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$