pixeltracker

Gentleman's Guide Student Tickets

Gentleman's Guide Student Tickets

OnceGirl
#1Gentleman's Guide Student Tickets
Posted: 6/24/14 at 10:04pm

Hello fellow Broadway lovers! Next month for my birthday, my father is taking me to the city for several days to see as many shows as we can fit in over the course of a few days, and I am absolutely dying to see A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder (pun not intended). I was thinking about purchasing student tickets for the show as they are $40 for the balcony, but according to broadwayoffers.com, some of the view from the balcony is obstructed and you will miss parts of the action. Has anyone actually watched Gentleman's Guide from the balcony? How bad is the view? Also, where are the seats for the rush tickets located? Are they also from the balcony, are they in another part of the theatre? Would it be worth waiting in the rush line, or do any tickets usually end up at TKTS? I have a TDF membership, so if they do have any at TKTS I could always buy them in advance, but if not is it worth purchasing student tickets?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Gentleman's Guide Student Tickets
Posted: 6/24/14 at 10:13pm

What you miss is minimal. Funny, but minimal.

Since it won the Tony Award, I would suspect that finding it on TDF will not happen this summer, and as most of the discounts have been pulled/expired, I wouldn't be surprised to find they are no longer available at TKTS, either.

Don't let that deter you. GG was my favorite show of the season. A delightful hoot.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#2Gentleman's Guide Student Tickets
Posted: 6/24/14 at 10:14pm

You didn't mention this in your original post, but you may also want to consider standing room tickets as well. They go on sale after the rush tickets are sold out and are only $27 dollars. This past Sunday I got in line at noon and was able to get one, and other than one gag at the end of the show, the view is very good. So that's another option for you to keep available. Hope you get to see the show- it's a ton of fun!

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

OnceGirl
#3Gentleman's Guide Student Tickets
Posted: 6/24/14 at 10:25pm

What about the rush tickets though? What is the location of the seats in the theatre?

jawjuhh
#4Gentleman's Guide Student Tickets
Posted: 6/24/14 at 10:48pm

I bought rush tickets in advance through tix4students, but you might need to be a university student or have a .edu email. I had a great time watching from the balcony, the only things I noticed missing were some of the background graphics.

EDIT you don't need an .edu email, you're just supposed to present student ID at the box office, which they didn't actually ask me to do Updated On: 6/24/14 at 10:48 PM

OnceGirl
#5Gentleman's Guide Student Tickets
Posted: 6/24/14 at 11:23pm

But for the morning rush line, where are the seats? I'm not talking about the student tickets you can purchase online, but the actual physical rush that you have to wait in line for.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#6Gentleman's Guide Student Tickets
Posted: 6/24/14 at 11:27pm

Any other experiences with standing room? I wouldn't be able to get to the box office until 20 or 30 minutes after opening on a Saturday, and I'm wondering how quickly those go.

Videos