Shakespeare Sucks

Gothampc
#25Shakespeare Sucks
Posted: 7/30/14 at 9:39am

The irony of this is that Ira Glass hosts a program on NPR which is the snooziest, blandest radio station in all the universe.

I don't know how he could say Shakespeare is "unrelatable." Romeo & Juliet is the Israelis and the Palestinians all over again. MacBeth has nothing on the Clintons and their lust for power. And who hasn't identified with Hamlet in situations where you don't know who to trust?

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#26Shakespeare Sucks
Posted: 7/30/14 at 9:40am

Ado.

ADO!

Ado-doo-doo what Idina done before, BABY!

Gothampc
#27Shakespeare Sucks
Posted: 7/30/14 at 9:41am

Idina played Ado Annie? When was this? Did she scream her songs like she did in Rent?

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

FindingNamo
#28Shakespeare Sucks
Posted: 7/30/14 at 9:46am

"Ado-doo-doo what Idina done before, BABY!"

And I've been enjoying stuff like this for the past 10 years.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#29Shakespeare Sucks
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:05pm

I don't think it's fair to pigeonhole Ira's show because it's NPR. This American Life is probably the best regular thing across all of radio and television. Kind of a disappointing comment from him, but nobody HAS to like Shakespeare. I'm sure Shakespeare's feelings won't be hurt.

LyonsMusic Profile Photo
LyonsMusic
#30Shakespeare Sucks
Posted: 7/30/14 at 2:46pm

'I am amazed and I know not what to say'. - Hermia (M.N.D.)

FindingNamo
#31Shakespeare Sucks
Posted: 8/1/14 at 2:07pm

"This American Life is probably the best regular thing across all of radio and television."

I thought that for a long time but have found it hit or miss the last several years. And I mean, I even sent money in for the podcast.

Anyhoo, anybody have Ira's personal cellphone number?

because here is an idea

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none