pixeltracker

The Shooting of Michael Brown- Page 6

The Shooting of Michael Brown

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#125The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/26/14 at 11:18am

"Also how many unarmed white teens get gunned down by police in the middle of the street for shoplifting?"

Yup that is what I keep thinking over and over. When are we going to quit being a racist nation? NEVER most likely.

And crimes AGAINST African-American MALES go largely unprosecuted as well as those committed against Hispanic males. (Read Sr. Helen Prejean's books-Dead Man Walking and The Death of Innocents-more than just talking about her own journey to opposition of the death penalty, she talks about the corruption of the justice system.)

There is no need to shoot someone six times. I thought the purpose was to render the suspect unable to fight you. If anyone needs anger management it's these police officers. And what's worse is that the kid was unarmed-I don't care that, in Maureen Dowd's words, he 'was no angel'-NONE OF US IS! Does that mean we all deserve to be brutally shot? I hardly think so.

Updated On: 8/26/14 at 11:18 AM

FindingNamo
#126The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/26/14 at 11:25am

"It helps bolster one side, but the audio cannot tell you which side."

I abhor people who frame this like it's a football game. Played on a level playing field.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Gothampc
#127The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/26/14 at 11:35am

"There is no need to shoot someone six times. I thought the purpose was to render the suspect unable to fight you."

These two sentences are at odds with each other.

TV and movies seems to have shaped people's thinking to the extent that they think that a person can be stopped with one shot. That's not true. A person can take a bullet and continue attacking for several minutes. There are several cases where people have turned a gun on a policeman and killed the police with their own weapon.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#128The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/26/14 at 3:31pm

It's remarkable how you can dig yourself into a hole quicker with a keyboard than most people can with a shovel.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

~~tiny3~~ Profile Photo
~~tiny3~~
#129The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/26/14 at 6:03pm

What with the media circus and everything...where the hell is Oprah and Dr. Phil? I mean, I even saw "Iyanla" there with her very special brand of BS! I feel a "special" at a "very special time" coming on..

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#130The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/26/14 at 6:30pm

Oprah is not a boat-rocker or status quo-challenger. And Dr. Phil is just an A-hole.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#131The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/27/14 at 11:29am

"You were furious that America's 11-month-long celebration of Christmas wasn't enough," Stewart said. "But now, if you can, just imagine that instead of having to suffer the indignity of a Festivus pole blocking something you could've just set up in your own yard anyway... imagine, that instead of that, on a pretty consistent basis, you can't get a ****ing cab even though you're a neurosurgeon because you're black."

Thank god Jon Stewart is back from vacation. Updated On: 8/27/14 at 11:29 AM

FindingNamo
#132The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/27/14 at 11:46am

I concur. No white people should ever use the phrase "the race card" ever again. Including the extremely white like Mr Roxy.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#134The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/29/14 at 11:02am

"Black people, why can't you be more like these guys? They were armed and they dared the cops to shoot them and nothing happened. Just figure out whatever was different about them and you'll be fine."
Colbert Suggests Black People Just Be More Like Cliven Bundy: Armed (And White)