pixeltracker

Hamas IS Isis and Isis IS Hamas!- Page 3

Hamas IS Isis and Isis IS Hamas!

theaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
#50Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/28/14 at 3:07pm

" they make it very clear that their sole purpose is to wipe out the infidels and propagate their belief system (Islam) throughout the entire world; thus, religion is the root of the violence because they are using it as the catalyst or the justification. "

THIS. As simple as that. They are using religion as their launching pad. As their badge to do what they do.

Updated On: 8/28/14 at 03:07 PM

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#51Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/28/14 at 3:10pm

There is a difference between simple and simplistic.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#52Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/28/14 at 3:12pm

You can defend the religion of Islam all you'd like, but to suggest it's not the reasoning for the violence by these terrorist organizations is irresponsible, naive, and ignorant.

And that is not what I said or suggested.

...because they are using it as the catalyst or the justification.

That is almost what I said. But to be more accurate, "they are using THEIR INTERPRETATION OF ISLAM as the catalyst or the justification". It's not the same thing as identifying the religion as the root of the problem. It is the individual's (or group's) interpretation of the religion that is the root of the problem. I can't make myself any clearer or simpler and I'm not repeating it again.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

theaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
#53Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/28/14 at 3:13pm

Then please don't. Your going around in circles. And Madbrian you are 100% correct.

Updated On: 8/28/14 at 03:13 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#54Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/28/14 at 3:14pm

That is almost what I said. But to be more accurate, "they are using THEIR INTERPRETATION OF ISLAM as the catalyst or the justification"

Mister Matt--may I suggest a word change? How about "they are using their BASTARDIZATION of Islam as the catalyst or the justification..."?

Mister Matt
#55Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/28/14 at 4:01pm

You may, PalJoey. That is definitely more precise.

Then please don't. Your going around in circles.

You mean "you're"? I only repeated what you either don't comprehend or choose not to comprehend.

They are using religion as their launching pad. As their badge to do what they do.

And yet, somehow we know this without the media having ever made the connection? Or just not the way you want it exploited?

Updated On: 8/28/14 at 04:01 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#56Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/28/14 at 4:20pm

As simple as that.

If you learn one thing and only one thing about the Middle East and Islam, let it be this:

Nothing is as simple as that.

If you say that and nothing more, you will sound more knowledgeable and intelligent about Islam than anyone you encounter in American media or academia.

theaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
#57Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/28/14 at 10:15pm

@MM I answered you and I included a link to my point. Either you didn't see it or you are being a ass.

@Pal. The simple comment was made in reference to the headband's post. And I enjoyed MadBrian's play on words. But you knew that. Don't play dumb just to get in on someones spat. You are smarter and better than that.

The thug mentality some of you exhibit is amusing.. at times.

Updated On: 8/28/14 at 10:15 PM

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#58Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/29/14 at 8:12am

I wonder what draws American citizens to go over there and join Isis. Do you think it's Islam?
I think it would be much more interesting and effective to address the conditions that draw people to terrorism, things like poverty and oppression, instead of blaming it on one religion. Which is silly anyway since the vast majority of Muslims do not support terrorism.

theaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
#59Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/29/14 at 9:54am

I would be interested in learning about that as well. Out of here for the weekend. Peace, light, and love to everyone.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#60Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/29/14 at 10:13am

"Ugh. Can we just stop with the moral relativism?"

That isn't the point. It isn't about which religion is worse. It's about being a student of history and seeing that terrorist acts have been committed in the name of ALL religions since the beginning of time. So to focus on one as being the root cause of terrorism is pointless and a waste of time.

Liza's Headband
#61Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/29/14 at 10:20am

For clarity and for the record, I am pretty sure theaternut was referring to ISIS' reasoning for violence (which some of us believe is their following of Islam). I don't think anyone is suggesting that one particular religion is the root of all evil. All countries, all religions, and all cultures have tainted pasts. No sect, group, or individual is completely perfect and there are always radicals/extremists throughout the history of the world. This discussion is about ISIS and Islam, not about Catholicism and the IRA. Diverging from the topic at hand to throw in these other religions is, in fact, moral relativism. And that's all. I'm done with this. We are all just going around in circles.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#62Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/29/14 at 10:27am

Don't you use my argument!

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#63Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/29/14 at 10:32am

Do you really think the head of Isis is motivated by the teachings of Islam??
No. He doesn't care about Islam as you can see by the hundreds and thousands of Muslims he's slaughtered. He cares about power and control. He uses a bastardized version of Islam as a recruitment tool.

Mister Matt
#64Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/29/14 at 10:32am

Either you didn't see it or you are being a ass.

I read the entire article. I don't believe it actually supports either or both points you may be trying to make. At any rate, I'm sure you can find more exploitation on the religion if you look in the right places. The connection between the army known as the Islamic State and Islam really isn't a huge ambiguity being swept under the rug. Right wingers have been running with the bastardization of Islam by extremists for over a decade. If nobody knows about the ISIS connection to Islam and how they choose to manipulate their religion for violence and power (which sounds oddly familiar to Americans, but I've already been chastised for making the obvious comparison), it's certainly not the fault of "the media".

Liza's Headband
#65Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/29/14 at 10:42am

ISIS follows an extreme anti-Western interpretation of Islam, promotes religious violence and regards those who do not agree with its interpretations as infidels and apostates. ISIS's ideology originates in the branch of modern Islam that aims to return to the early days of Islam, rejecting later "innovations" in the religion which it believes corrupt its original spirit. It condemns later caliphates and the Ottoman empire for deviating from what it calls pure Islam and hence has been attempting to establish its own caliphate.

SOURCE

Mister Matt
#66Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/29/14 at 11:45am

Here, I'll further cut-and-paste from your editorial/quote hybrid cut-and-paste and use bold as well:

interpretation
its interpretations
it believes
it calls
its own caliphate

Though I'm sure the actual contents of this article could not be considered "the media".

Liza's Headband
#67Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/29/14 at 12:30pm

You're pointing out nothing new... I have no objections to any of the verbiage. Care to elaborate?

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#68Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/29/14 at 12:45pm

I thought you were done with this?

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#69Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/29/14 at 12:59pm

Don't mistake what ISIS considers "pure Islam" for pure Islam.

Mister Matt
#70Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 8/29/14 at 1:27pm

Care to elaborate?

What part is unclear to you? Or is that all and you are done with this? Again.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#71Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 9/6/14 at 2:58pm

This article focuses on atheists but I think it applies to libertarians too.
"Science says more than 95 percent of terrorist attacks are motivated by politics and revenge. Atheists say, “That’s bull****!”

Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris and atheists’ ugly Islamophobia

theaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
#72Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 9/15/14 at 2:53pm

How many more beheading must we endure in the name of Islam?
Brutal Truth

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#73Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 9/15/14 at 3:01pm

Okay. That's it. No one is allowed to post in this thread any more unless you score 75% or higher on this text.

CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR: Sunni and Shiite Islam: Do you know the difference? Take our quiz.

theaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
#74Islam and ISIS.
Posted: 9/15/14 at 3:04pm

But who said anything about not knowing the difference?