pixeltracker

Barbara Streisand "re-writing" GYPSY- Page 2

Barbara Streisand "re-writing" GYPSY

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#25Barbara Streisand
Posted: 9/28/14 at 8:17pm

Open with Louise and June at Rose's funeral.

"If Momma Were Buried."

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Feste Profile Photo
Feste
#26Barbara Streisand
Posted: 9/28/14 at 8:29pm

Seems you and I are on the same page, SweeneyLovett!

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#27Barbara Streisand
Posted: 9/28/14 at 8:30pm

If it's a film, hopefully it'll be either clearer or significantly, chillingly vaguer about the "how old are these girls" scene.

That scene always feels somewhat odd onstage, because the actress, clearly an adult now playing the in-transition Louise, is either decidedly mentally ill from her treatment, or is playing a younger character who isn't as young as she says, which is hard to read.

SweeneyLovett Profile Photo
SweeneyLovett
#28Barbara Streisand
Posted: 9/28/14 at 8:59pm

I don't think we'll ever know just how old June and Louise really were at the time. I always wondered if Louise was actually underaged when Rose pushed her into stripping.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#29Barbara Streisand
Posted: 9/29/14 at 12:40am

Louise is young because she just wanted to go back to school, and she probably was underage when stripping. I would guess 15-17 years old. That is why a 70 year old should not be playing Mama Rose...more like Grandma Rose LOL. Even Patti said she was already to old when she played the role.

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

BobbyBubbi  Profile Photo
BobbyBubbi
#30Barbara Streisand
Posted: 9/29/14 at 1:14am

Barbra gets a lot of "fuel" if you will, from trying to prove people wrong, and I hope she does. I can't really picture how she'd tackle Rose in my imagination yet. She's just so...Streisand.

Updated On: 9/29/14 at 01:14 AM