pixeltracker

Anyone see Carmen as "Mama" in Chicago?

Anyone see Carmen as "Mama" in Chicago?

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#1Anyone see Carmen as "Mama" in Chicago?
Posted: 10/8/14 at 6:59am

I was curious if anyone has seen her and what they think. Does she have the vocal chops to pull it off? I'm going 11/2 courtesy of BCEFA and am excited since it's one of my favorite shows. I just hope we get a good cast.

iluvtheatertrash
#2Anyone see Carmen as
Posted: 10/8/14 at 7:24am

Carmen has been in The Lion King, Porgy and Bess, After Midnight, Little Miss Sunshine, and Avenue Q. I think you'll be just fine.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2Anyone see Carmen as
Posted: 10/8/14 at 9:34am

As written, Mama is an easy sing. Mary McCarty and Marcia Lewis were not known for their singing voices.

Hex3 Profile Photo
Hex3
#3Anyone see Carmen as
Posted: 10/8/14 at 4:34pm

Who's Carmen?

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#4Anyone see Carmen as
Posted: 10/8/14 at 4:37pm

The first Carmen that came to mind was Carmen Miranda. Wouldn't she have been an "interesting" choice for the role.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#5Anyone see Carmen as
Posted: 10/8/14 at 7:14pm

My only thoughts on this really were about my wife. I just want her to see the show the way it was intended with a powerhouse voice. Of course, it doesn't help that she'll be seeing Wright! I'm sure she can sing it well though. I just can't wait to see one of favorites again!

Wickedmonkey332 Profile Photo
Wickedmonkey332
#6Anyone see Carmen as
Posted: 10/8/14 at 7:46pm

Carmen Ruby Floyd is great. She was a highlight of a show full of highlights (After Midnight) and has an impressive resume. I met her at the flea market and she seemed genuinely excited to be joining Chicago.

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#7Anyone see Carmen as
Posted: 10/8/14 at 7:50pm

Great to hear Wicked! Looking forward to seeing her.