pixeltracker

Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread- Page 5

Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread

cknick
#100Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 12:12pm

I worried about that too, cwebb2327.

A while back I saw the Twitter page for Cabaret say that Emma is scheduled for all performances in her engagement, so barring any illness or lost voice she should be in.

cwebb2327
#101Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 12:18pm

Read a comment by Emma a little while back saying she spends a lot of time on the couch drinking "Throat Coat".

cknick
#102Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 12:21pm

Fingers crossed she stays well! I think a Broadway schedule in a role like Sally Bowles is rigorous for any actress...stage vet or not!!

alliesinger Profile Photo
alliesinger
#103Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 3:53pm

I saw the matinee performance on Saturday, and Emma did perform. I thought her Sally was fantastic, and to echo the sentiment of previous posters, her performance of "Cabaret" at the end was so good, it was disorienting. The moment where she's jolted by the band... I'd buy another ticket just to see that moment again.

sallytraffic
#104Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/22/14 at 3:48am

We had tickets for the 11th of January, completely oblivious that it was the Golden Globes that night (We're travelling from London to New York specifically to see Emma Stone in Cabaret). Got an email to say the show had been cancelled that night because Alan and Emma will both be at the Golden Globes having been nominated. There aren't any tickets for the Friday left (and Emma's not performing on Saturday the 10th... travelling I imagine). So that's my trip to New York completely ruined. We had second 'row' orchestra table seats as well. Was supposed to be a birthday present to myself (birthday is on the 12th) but never mind.

Would be a little nicer if the theatre responded to any of my emails!

How likely are cancellations of tickets on the day? Anyone know?

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#105Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/22/14 at 5:23am

I saw both Michelle and Emma as Sally Bolwes. I much preferred Emma. There should be nothing 'subtle' about Sally. She should be a second rate talent who is always strutting her stuff! Yes, under the veneer she is fragile. That is what the title song reveals. Emma made it devastating.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

AntV
#106Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/22/14 at 7:01am

sallytraffic, there are tickets for that Friday left.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#107Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/22/14 at 7:12am

Saw Emma yesterday and absolutely loved her performance. Wasn't a fan of the show though.

cwebb2327
#108Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/22/14 at 10:01am

Sallytraffic: How disappointing. Couple suggestions. If no tickets are available, try ticket brokers like Stubhub, or google local agents. The other would be to go to Tkts at times square...they sell discount same day tickets for many performances. Last, try craigs list NY. Good luck. I saw Emma right after opening and it was terrific.

bstrumwasser Profile Photo
bstrumwasser
#109Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/23/14 at 3:02pm

Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread

Grab a piece of Cabaret before they are all gone. Limited Edition Prints from the original paintings are available for Cabaret signed by Alan Cumming. As well as A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder, Mamma Mia, Hedwig, and Matilda with more to come. They will ship direct to you.

Use coupon code "Cabaret" code now through Monday December 31, 2014 for 10% off your order

Proceeds benefit Broadway Cares Equity Fights AIDS.

Email for more information.

http://www.brianstrumwasser.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

http://www.brianstrumwasser.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

B Strumwasser www.BrianStrumwasser.com

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#110Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/23/14 at 6:51pm

Does she only have 5 weeks left? Wonder who is taking over.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Fancipal
#111Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/31/14 at 7:53am

Hello All,
I´m flying with my friend to NY from Europe at the end of January for one week. We would love to see Emma at Cabaret. So I was wondering if someone could tell me what is best way how to get a ticket. We will be at place from 23 to 30 of January. Should I get my ticket right now ? I can see that prizes are really high and I read somewhere that we can buy the tickets on the very day of the show early morning (7 a.m.) with discount. Moreover SAG awards are set on 25 so I presume it would be risk to buy tickets on 24 or 25. Do you think she will be back on 27 ? Is there any way how can we know if Emma is performing on some particular day ?

One more question. Is from Mezzanine good look at stage ?
Thank you for help

bfreak
#112Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/31/14 at 9:25am

Fancipal, I would get the tickets now. I do not know anything about getting tickets at 7 am at a discount, because the online rush HipTix is now sold out completely (I think). Looking at availability on Roundabout's website, Cabaret is now clearly selling out. I wouldn't think it is safe to buy tickets for the 24th or 25th, but I do think she'll be back in time for the 27th. I would go on either the 27,28, or 39th because they have discount codes for the mid-mezzanine and rear for those dates. When I saw the show I sat in mid-mezzanine row FF, and it was a perfect view! Enjoy!

cknick
#113Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/31/14 at 12:50pm

I have tickets for the matinee on Jan. 28th. It was the only date I could get HIPTIX. Really keeping my fingers crossed she's there!!!

bfreak
#114Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/31/14 at 4:45pm

She should be, especially since it's scheduled to be her last week!!! ):

bfreak
#115Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 2/4/15 at 11:35pm

I just came out of the show and she was phenomenal! She really captured the vulnerability and sadness of the character that was just so powerful. I am still overcome with emotion after she sang the title song because she just nailed it and did it exactly how it's supposed to be played out. Bravo!