pixeltracker

John Cameron Mitchell to Join HEDWIG on Broadway for 8 Weeks!- Page 5

John Cameron Mitchell to Join HEDWIG on Broadway for 8 Weeks!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#100John Cameron Mitchell to Join HEDWIG on Broadway for 8 Weeks!
Posted: 1/17/15 at 1:41pm

"I notice that JCM is reverting back to the old downtown schedule of two shows on Friday and Saturday nights and no matinees. I wonder how that will work on Broadway."

A lot of people on here never understood why they did a matinee on Broadway anyway. It's more of a night show. Can't wait to see him live. I met him at Lady Day in May, and he was the coolest.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#101John Cameron Mitchell to Join HEDWIG on Broadway for 8 Weeks!
Posted: 1/17/15 at 1:47pm

It'll never happen, but I wish they would also bring Matt McGrath back to fill in on JCM's off-days. He was my first Hedwig and still had the most complex and interesting take on the character.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#102John Cameron Mitchell to Join HEDWIG on Broadway for 8 Weeks!
Posted: 1/17/15 at 3:00pm

I'm still hoping someone else comes in after JCM to keep the show goingn through the summer AND that they keep the same schedule as JCM.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#103John Cameron Mitchell to Join HEDWIG on Broadway for 8 Weeks!
Posted: 1/17/15 at 3:30pm

I can't imagine he'll just walk down the aisle again unless, with Mitchell in the show, they do a complete revert to the original staging for his run. After all, the revised book and set deals explicitly with the way the cast is using the set of a recently-closed megamusical, and his dramatic entrance is a direct link to that minor plot point.