NEVERLAND concept album

mikey2573
#25NEVERLAND concept album
Posted: 11/29/14 at 2:13pm

Yes, I would say several of the songs had "poppy" and even "be-boppy" orchestrations. And the choreography followed suit.

CarlAlan610
#26NEVERLAND concept album
Posted: 11/29/14 at 8:36pm

I am someone who LOVED LOVED the show at the ART. Yes there were issues, esp in Act 1, but I thought the score was wonderful and the staging was brilliant.

Having said that, I though the GMA performances was awful. It did not do the songs justice and it also did not do Laura Michelle Kelly any favors. She was TREMENDOUS at the ART and I can not wait to see her perform on Broadway.

When I heard about the concept album I assumed it would be around now as the OBC recording is months and months way. If they release it too late, what is the point?

Updated On: 11/29/14 at 08:36 PM

ekline1 Profile Photo
ekline1
#27NEVERLAND concept album
Posted: 11/30/14 at 4:16pm

The 4 boys were fantastic at the A.R.T. so I assume they're staying in it.

CarlAlan610: I agree with you 100%. Act 1 had it's issues but they didn't deter from the rest of the show, things that minor tweaks can fix. The GMA sucked, I was really disappointed by it. I'm still a little peeved that Jeremy Jordan isn't playing Barrie but I get that Morrison did the original read through. Hopefully they'll bring Jeremy in for a stint. They said in like August they were releasing a concept, you think they would have just done it during the A.R.T. run, there's plenty of studios in Boston. Now it just seems pointless.

Back Row
#28NEVERLAND concept album
Posted: 11/30/14 at 6:15pm

The idea of a concept album is not unheard of, but the timing and the circumstances make it kind of pointless now. Weinstein has taken some pretty extraordinary measures (J-Hud?) to make sure that the show does not become too closely identified with Jeremy Jordan, because apparently he was determined to make Morrison the face of this show all along. In light of that, it seems inconsistent to promote an album with pop stars singing the songs so close to the time when a cast album would probably be released. When you add in the possible confusion with products associated with NBC's Peter Pan broadcast coming out at approximately the same time as a concept album, you have to wonder about the logic behind the move. If a concept album had been released during the A.R.T. run, or just after it, it would have made some sense. The longer they wait, the more pointless it seems. Perhaps the delay is due to changes in the show that might be happening behind the scenes. Regardless of the reason it has not yet been released, the concept album is approaching a point in time where it serves no purpose.

smallvillefan16
#29NEVERLAND concept album
Posted: 11/30/14 at 7:08pm

When is this due for release?

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#30NEVERLAND concept album
Posted: 12/1/14 at 12:45am

"The 4 boys were fantastic at the A.R.T. so I assume they're staying in it."

ekline1, it seems not even the kids are signed and sealed yet, according to a conversation on Hayden Signoretti's twitter:

https://twitter.com/haydensignorett/status/537917607605964800

Personally I'm dying to know about the ensemble. All I've seen so far is that Dana Costello and Paul Slade Smith are in. Gaelen Gilliland is doing Honeymoon in Vegas so who knows about her. I adored the FN ensemble at A.R.T. and would love to see most them get the transfer.