News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for smallvillefan16

Member Name: smallvillefan16
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 2 2024, 06:53:57 PM

This was a given flop.  There was nor is any audience for this production.  Clear it for something better.  No disrespect to Lempicka fans but a better show will come along.

THE WIZ Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 24 2024, 04:28:06 PM

Do we know if this show will get a cast recording?

CAMELOT to close in July  Jun 28 2023, 06:29:49 PM

All his shows feel the exact same - the basic sets, the basic costumes, the basic program and poster.   There's only so much before get bored.  He needs to do something different.  But, I am sure we'll see another 50s/60s musical that he'll adapt exactly the same way.  Yawn.

Netflix's MATILDA: THE MOVIE MUSICAL - News & Discussion Thread  Dec 24 2022, 04:40:08 PM

While I appreciate the production, Kinky Boots shined above in every aspect.  Matilda is cute though.

Secret Garden Revival Still Happening?  Nov 16 2022, 10:13:03 PM

Does anyone have the song list for the 2018 concert [as that's what the revival will be]?  Wondering if it's more like the original or the 2001 London version.  Thanks

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway  Oct 7 2022, 11:35:31 PM

This looks looks exactly the same as his South Pacific and King & I.  I guarantee this will be another stripped down version with pillars to represent castle towers.  His version of King & I lacked all the extravagance and excitement that the 90s revival was able to capture. I know he has his fans...I'm just not one.

INTO THE WOODS 2022 Broadway Cast Recording Thread  Sep 28 2022, 10:08:42 PM

The cover looks like a program used for a community theater production.  Then again, the sets for this revival also look like a community theater production.  I've always been a fan of elaborate stage shows vs bare bones [personal opinion] but at least it's something...different...

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Sep 28 2022, 10:05:51 PM

Anyone find it weird that it is virtually impossible to find any audio recordings of Beanie as Fanny?  I can find complete recordings of Lea and Julie as well as videos but outside of brief :30 second clips, they seem to have been wiped.  I am curious to hear her version of certain songs vs how true Broadway performers [Lea and Julie] sing them.

ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances  Sep 13 2022, 07:21:29 PM

I figured that "Home," "A Change In Me," "If I Can't Love Her," "Human Again", and "Evermore" would be added into this performance with the small possibility of "Me". 

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Aug 10 2022, 05:45:03 PM

This might be a stupid question but is there a reason this production didn't incorporate the improvements from the film?  I've seen numerous productions of Grease that manage to combine the original show as well as the more famous film version.  I just do not understand why they chose to go back to a lackluster book that was fixed in the film. 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Aug 10 2022, 05:42:16 PM

I would be VERY surprised if Fiyero was not someone with more clout, fame and popularity.  I think all the supporting roles could be filled by Broadway talent but I guarantee the big roles will be big names.  It'll be the same as in Les Mis - bigger film/tv actors for the main roles and fill the rest of the roles by top notch broadway veterans.

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Aug 7 2022, 06:01:39 PM

I am so over all the people complaining about the situation.  You have ZERO money riding on the show, so your opinion and ideas are absolutely pointless [if not hilarious to read.]  I absolutely understand the producers with their situation -- this revival was made a big deal and ended up being a show the community and Broadway audiences laughed at.  Beanie is an entertaining actor but there is nothing about her or her 'talent' that is extraordinary or beyond that of ev

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Jul 19 2022, 04:27:04 PM

Apologies if this has been discussed but anyone else think they'll release a Funny Girl album once Lea joins? 

Funny Girl 2022 Cast Recording  Jun 7 2022, 11:07:29 PM

I would bet money that we'll get a recording in early fall.

Steven Spielberg's WEST SIDE STORY - News & Discussion Thread  Dec 1 2021, 07:04:58 PM

Sutton Ross said: "I guess everybody is entitled to their own opinion but to make comparisons to Gerard Butler and Russell Crowe is really stretching it. And to infer that Justin Bieber could have probably done a better job is as "eye roll" inducing as inferring that Nick Jonas was the highlight of the Les Miz concert.

100%. Comparing Ansel (an actual singer) against two actors who simply cannot carry a tune is beyond ridiculous. And um, Justin Bieber, l

Steven Spielberg's WEST SIDE STORY - News & Discussion Thread  Dec 1 2021, 04:13:20 PM

Jordan Levinson said: ""Tonight" sounds absolutely stunning. To say I can't wait for next weekend would be an understatement."

Yeah, it's stunning if you take out Ansel's attempt at singing.  It's right up there with Gerard Butler and Russell Crowe. It's lifeless, off key and sounds like he's bored AF.

I do not understand how they could not manage to find someone, heck ANYONE, who could actually sing and carry the melody.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Dec 1 2021, 07:10:41 PM

Anyone else think Alyson Stroker has this in the bag?  She's the first person that came to mind.

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews  Dec 1 2021, 07:09:25 PM

100% Broadway AND Britney.

If we we're down under or (maybe) in London it'd be Kylie but definitely not in North America. There's a reason Britney is known as the Princess of Pop and Kylie the conductor of the locomotion train.

NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season  Dec 1 2021, 07:05:58 PM

I think my message came off as more rude than just stating facts, so I do apologize if anyone thought I was being a d-ck.

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews  Dec 1 2021, 04:20:42 PM

Broadway AND Britney?  This is like a gay man's ultimate dream.  I really hope they fine tune everything and the show is great.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You