Norm Lewis Replacement?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#175Norm Lewis Replacement?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 12:37pm

This is so weird. My last statement was deleted. All I said was that the reason the thread was deleted was because of personal attacks between either the Fisherman, The Florida guy, and the smokey.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

RWalsh1776
#176Norm Lewis Replacement?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 12:37pm

There's a difference between being allowed to move on and being allowed to return to a high-profile job where he has access to women very similar to the profile of his victim. Broadway is a privilege and careers have been stymied by much smaller offenses.

Liza's Headband
#177Norm Lewis Replacement?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 12:44pm

OTOH, his excuse that he thought she was 16 is not particularly exculpatory -- in many states, the age of consent is no longer 16, but 18.

This is completely irrelevant, seeing as he later admitted that he knew her real age (15). That statement was two years earlier when being interviewed by investigators; he claimed not to really know her age and thought she was "at least 16." At sentencing, it is acknowledged that she was 15 at the time and that he knew this to be the truth. You should remove this inaccuracy from your lengthy diatribe.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#178Norm Lewis Replacement?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 12:55pm

Yeah seriously - Rob, please just delete this thread. Enough already.

RW3
#178Norm Lewis Replacement?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 5:18pm

Just posted on Phantoms Facebook account:
"PHANTOM has the best fans in the world and we are deeply appreciative for all of you and listen to all comments posted here. We are of course aware of the reaction to the announcement of our newest Phantom for Broadway and want to respond to you. James gave a tremendous audition and we are confident he will be a thrilling Phantom. James fully accepted responsibility for what happened 14 years ago. Following his sentence in 2008, James resumed his career, starring in A TALE OF TWO CITIES on Broadway. In the seven years since then, he has appeared in countless productions in New York and around the country, receiving great acclaim, and maintaining a spotless reputation. Additionally, he has been an active member of the Broadway community, giving his time to numerous charitable causes. While we know some will disagree, we believe James has completely honored the second chance he was given beginning 7 years ago and we are happy to have him join the production next month."

Mattbrain
#179Norm Lewis Replacement?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 8:52pm

And of course those self important c***s at the craptacular weighed in:

http://thecraptacular.com/2015/01/dear-broadway-honestly-why-the-****-am-i-even-here/

Christ God I hate them.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#180Norm Lewis Replacement?
Posted: 1/15/15 at 9:54am

That was posted a while ago and it makes a lot of really good points. (Also, the URL gets messed up here because it's censored, but if anyone wants to read it, just go back to the main Craptacular URL and you can find it.)

What in that post do you object to? And it's fine to dislike them, but what's with the gendered slur?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 1/15/15 at 09:54 AM

Mattbrain
#181Norm Lewis Replacement?
Posted: 1/15/15 at 10:10am

I've always objected to the craptacular's feeling of self-importance. It's as simple as that. I don't think their blog is either funny or insightful and now this comes along.

Anyone else, yes, perhaps I would've listened to what they have to say but you put the craptacular's name on it and I'm gone.

As for the gendered slur.....it's been a really lousy week. That's all I'm gonna say.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."