disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#25Idina to Star In TV Show Produce By Ellen
Posted: 1/30/15 at 6:51pm

Neon andHaterobics, I was joking around with the bouncing back part

pli1018
#26Idina to Star In TV Show Produce By Ellen
Posted: 1/30/15 at 7:13pm

"gleek-- I heard about that pilot! I think Norbert Leo Butz was also involved (and if he was, I believe he once mentioned filming a scene where cocaine was done off a "Wicked" script. I would also LOVE to see said pilot."

The pilot was called "The Miraculous Year" and was produced for HBO. It was written by John Logan, directed by Kathryn Bigelow and would feature music by Adam Guettel. The cast included Butz, LuPone, Sands, Susan Sarandon, Lee Pace, Frank Langella, Hope Davis, Eddie Redmayne, Laura Osnes, and others. HBO passed, deeming its audience too narrow. I've read the pilot and I thought it was great.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#27Idina to Star In TV Show Produce By Ellen
Posted: 1/30/15 at 11:39pm

Can the show please be titled "Spooky Pookie"?

15minutecall
#28Idina to Star In TV Show Produce By Ellen
Posted: 1/31/15 at 1:15am

The article doesn't even state that there's a deal to make a pilot. From what I can tell, she's part of a package that's being pitched.

Pootie2
#29Idina to Star In TV Show Produce By Ellen
Posted: 1/31/15 at 1:39am

Huh, if this is only in the pitching stages, I wonder why it's being publicized. Or maybe Deadline just dug it up/got a tip? Or this is normal in television development? Meanwhile, social media insists she's got her own TV show.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

15minutecall
#30Idina to Star In TV Show Produce By Ellen
Posted: 1/31/15 at 1:50am

If you're producing something and your star is getting more press right now than probably at any other time before its potential green light, wouldn't you look for any op to piggyback on that press and increase the chances of getting that green light?

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#31Idina to Star In TV Show Produce By Ellen
Posted: 1/31/15 at 2:01am

pli1018- Do you still have that pilot? I'd be very interested in reading it.

StephieElise
#32Idina to Star In TV Show Produce By Ellen
Posted: 1/31/15 at 6:51am

"The pilot was called "The Miraculous Year" and was produced for HBO. It was written by John Logan, directed by Kathryn Bigelow and would feature music by Adam Guettel. The cast included Butz, LuPone, Sands, Susan Sarandon, Lee Pace, Frank Langella, Hope Davis, Eddie Redmayne, Laura Osnes, and others. HBO passed, deeming its audience too narrow. I've read the pilot and I thought it was great."
?
Can someone start a Kickstarter campaign already?!

Pootie2
#33Idina to Star In TV Show Produce By Ellen
Posted: 1/31/15 at 8:29am

"If you're producing something and your star is getting more press right now than probably at any other time before its potential green light, wouldn't you look for any op to piggyback on that press and increase the chances of getting that green light?"

Makes sense. Usually by the time I get interested in a TV show or film these days, they're already out on disc. I hope they'll stream this pilot, assuming it gets made.

Per this other pilot being talked about, I haven't heard of a series being crowdfunded, but Veronica Mars the movie was. I think any crowdfunded affair has to be a finite project and not an open-ended thing the way series usually are...

sharona39
#34Idina to Star In TV Show Produce By Ellen
Posted: 1/31/15 at 12:29pm

What interview was the MILF reference made? I missed it! To me, she comes across so authentic, and that is part of her appeal. Good for her..2014 might have been her "break through" year, but she was clearly something special back in the Rent days...so her break through was was 20 years in the making. I have a lot of respect for her...enjoy the ride..she's earned it..

Pootie2
#35Idina to Star In TV Show Produce By Ellen
Posted: 1/31/15 at 12:42pm

It was an audio-only interview found on the bottom of her official website's Super Bowl media page. I'm on my phone, so linking is a pain.

I'm thinking an interview with her publicist would be hilarious.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#36Idina to Star In TV Show Produce By Ellen
Posted: 1/31/15 at 3:04pm

I would also love to read the Butz-LuPone-Sands-Ones HBO pilot if it is around!