pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8/15- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8/15

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8/15
Posted: 2/9/15 at 6:16pm

I can't understand why a show like On the Town is doing so poorly but there are very limited options on TDF. I would think you should be able to get tickets for most shows with these low attendance numbers. I understand that they don't make any money on TDF tickets but it's better to have a heavily discounted seat occupied than empty?

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8/15
Posted: 2/9/15 at 7:01pm

I really don't understand the love for On The Town. Not surprised it's doing this poorly, but OOF. Those are awful awful attendance numbers.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8/15
Posted: 2/9/15 at 7:09pm

This was a disappointing week all around. However, it happens every year. It just varies on how rough it is.

I know OTT is operating with a built n reserve to help them stay as long as they can. I can't help but wonder how long that reserve will help.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8/15
Posted: 2/9/15 at 7:24pm

I would be embarrassed to be a producer of HinV, but at least OTT had a good holiday gross.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8/15
Posted: 2/9/15 at 7:41pm

I have been seeing a lot more ads for Honeymoon

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8/15
Posted: 2/9/15 at 7:48pm

^Me too, but clearly its not helping

Joviedamian
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8/15
Posted: 2/9/15 at 7:52pm

"I can't understand why a show like On the Town is doing so poorly but there are very limited options on TDF. I would think you should be able to get tickets for most shows with these low attendance numbers."

It's not that they can't buy tickets, it's that no one wants to see that show enough for it to be doing well financially.

VintageSnarker
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8/15
Posted: 2/9/15 at 8:11pm

I don't know. I agree with mc1227. If you're playing at such low capacity why not reach out and sell more discounted tickets? I've only seen the movie but surely there's nothing that offensive in OTT. Why not reach out to more schools and specifically schools with theatre programs to at least fill some more seats?

Also, I was planning to use my day off this week to finally catch the Brooklyn Museum's Killer Heels exhibit but now I'm freaking out that OTT and Honeymoon are going to post closing notices in the next few hours.

Videos