pixeltracker

Finding Neverland Concept Album Thoughts?- Page 2

Finding Neverland Concept Album Thoughts?

Mattbrain
#25Finding Neverland Concept Album Thoughts?
Posted: 5/5/15 at 9:15am

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah, I'm gonna wait till the cast album's on iTunes.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#26Finding Neverland Concept Album Thoughts?
Posted: 5/5/15 at 12:30pm

I just don't...understand the point of this? Is he trying to get radio play? I mean if I listened to this album and then saw the show I'd be disappointed? So what's the point?

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#27Finding Neverland Concept Album Thoughts?
Posted: 5/5/15 at 2:11pm

I *still* can't understand the one lyric I could never understand at ART! 

I can run now

so much faster

[ __ ] can't [or won't]

be my master

DeNada
#28Finding Neverland Concept Album Thoughts?
Posted: 5/6/15 at 10:01am

I think it's "and that fate won't / be my master"?

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#29Finding Neverland Concept Album Thoughts?
Posted: 5/6/15 at 10:42am

"I just don't...understand the point of this? Is he trying to get radio play? I mean if I listened to this album and then saw the show I'd be disappointed? So what's the point?"

Absolutely... He's trying to reach a broader audience by attracting people who might find their favorite artist on the album who have never seen a Broadway show. I love the idea, and if people want theatre to survive, this sort of thing should happen more frequently. Theatre isn't cheap.

As opposed to Lloyd Webber, who only usually gives the "hit" song to a pop artist, I love that Weinstein is having a huge chunk of the score. Even better when Frank Wildhorn had pop/Broadway artists record the entire score of The Civil War for an album.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#30Finding Neverland Concept Album Thoughts?
Posted: 5/6/15 at 10:58am

I'm sure he's expecting to get some pop hits. Look at the international roster; he's catering to several major markets.

This may do better in England due to Barlow's fan base over there.

But what was the last concept recording that actually sold decently?

For every Chess, there is a Whistle Down the Wind, Starlight Express, The Life, The Civil War. etc.

Who knows? I can't imagine it spawning a top 10 hit though.

....but the world goes 'round

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#31Finding Neverland Concept Album Thoughts?
Posted: 5/6/15 at 11:09am

I don't think there have been many concept albums in recent memory that feature "pop" type arrangements... I don't expect "A Tale of Two Cities" concept album to chart, or "The Man Who Would Be King."

Wildhorn's Civil War's highlight version, "The Nashville Sessions" actually reached I think 47 or 48 on the Country album billboard charts... Maybe not the biggest milestone, but there was crossover appeal, particularly given the actual musical flopped big time. 

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#32Finding Neverland Concept Album Thoughts?
Posted: 5/6/15 at 2:21pm

I think it's "and that fate won't / be my master"?

Thank you DeNada. I seem to have a need to walk around singing this song. 

RW3
#33Finding Neverland Concept Album Thoughts?
Posted: 5/12/15 at 11:00am

Exclusive listen to Finding Neverland: The Album

http://findingneverlandthemusical.com/music/

IMO, I'll just wait for the cast recording.