Fun Home understudies

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#100Fun Home understudies
Posted: 1/27/16 at 12:15pm

steven -- Nicole was on for Beth last night. Her performance made me appreciate Beth's that much more. Not that Nicole was terrible, per se, but her Alison kind of fades into the background. Her take on 'Telephone Wire' was also pretty rough.

Cerveris was there thank God. Such a talent.

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#101Fun Home understudies
Posted: 1/27/16 at 5:32pm

Per the Broadway Understudies twitter, Emily Skeggs will be out as medium Alison from February 2-March 13. Lauren Patton will be assuming the role. With that long of an absence, I'm assuming Emily is another project. Any info on that?

Here's the tweet that announces it...

https://mobile.twitter.com/understudies/status/691294496336797696 

gottagetaGimmick2 Profile Photo
gottagetaGimmick2
#102Fun Home understudies
Posted: 1/27/16 at 9:18pm

Skimbleshanks2 said: "steven -- Nicole was on for Beth last night. Her performance made me appreciate Beth's that much more. Not that Nicole was terrible, per se, but her Alison kind of fades into the background. Her take on 'Telephone Wire' was also pretty rough.

Cerveris was there thank God. Such a talent.

"

Couldn't be more wrong, I saw it tonight by chance and she connected with he role so differently than I've ever seen Beth Malone do and I saw her do it twice! Way to go Nicole, the only fade she had about her was in her crew cut ????????????????????????

mattywhits Profile Photo
mattywhits
#103Fun Home understudies
Posted: 1/28/16 at 12:51am

I saw the show tonight as well, and would have to agree that Nicole did a lovely job with Alison. She was deeply emotionally connected, especially in the last few scenes, and moved me very much. She sounded great on the songs as well. Judy Kuhn, Michael Cerveris, and Emily Skeggs were as wonderful as ever, and it was my first time seeing Gabriella Pizzolo and I adored her. Love this show!

ampi2 Profile Photo
ampi2
#104Fun Home understudies
Posted: 2/14/16 at 7:19pm

Kally Duling made her debut as Joan tonight.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#105Fun Home understudies
Posted: 2/24/16 at 10:51am

Jim Stanek alert!

https://twitter.com/cerveris/status/702393799499227136

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

broadwayboy223
#106Fun Home understudies
Posted: 2/24/16 at 11:12am

When I was in NYC we saw Fun Home on Feb 5 and we had Judy Kuhns understudy. I was disappointed that I didn't get to see Judy but her understudy was fantastic.