pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/5/15- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/5/15

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/5/15
Posted: 7/7/15 at 11:24am

Anyone know if the current Les Miserables recouped? I googled this and did not find any information. Does the fact this this was the touring production that essentially set up on Bway make a difference when it comes to recouping?

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

neonlightsxo
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/5/15
Posted: 7/7/15 at 11:25am

^ There hasn't been an announcement that it has. So I assume it hasn't. It's not a cheap show to run.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/5/15
Posted: 7/7/15 at 2:12pm

how on earth does a small show like Gentlemans Guide cost $600,000 a week? I don't even think Les Mis costs that much a week

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/5/15
Posted: 7/7/15 at 2:43pm

It is not a small show, it is a medium show. It takes over 50 people just in the building to make it happen every day. Also, most of the costs are not related to how many bodies-you could add 20 more and the cost would go up by maybe $60k. If you look at a show budget (and you should if you are interested), you'll see how the numbers add up.

Phillypinto
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/5/15
Posted: 7/7/15 at 2:58pm

Yea except they havent made that in a long time. If On the town is 675, is say gentlemans guide is 500. Les mis is probably around 550-600

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/5/15
Posted: 7/7/15 at 4:06pm

well between Joey Parnes, who said $600k and you, I think I'll believe the producer/general manager of the show.

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/5/15
Posted: 7/7/15 at 5:01pm

I know for a fact that On the Town gave out a small fortune in comps this week, being that they did not change their schedule. That could account for some of that drop. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

skies Profile Photo
skies
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/5/15
Posted: 7/7/15 at 6:27pm

So what has the smallest nut of a current musical, perhaps Hedwig?  If so, would it be between 400-450 K  ?

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

Phillypinto
#33Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/5/15
Posted: 7/7/15 at 7:29pm

I wonder if Gentleman's Guide is closing in September. Maybe they will put a play in the Walter Kerr before Falsettos comes in the Spring

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#34Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/5/15
Posted: 7/7/15 at 9:44pm

skies, i would say yes, and i also would note that hedwig has not leaned heavily of the traditional/most expensive advertising outlets.

pinto, i would say yes to that too. I would not be surprised to see them close in anticipation of a fairly early turnover, say by mid august or even before'.