Hand to God Changes/Ending

maxkko Profile Photo
maxkko
#1Hand to God Changes/Ending
Posted: 8/4/15 at 11:07am

Hey all. Sorry to make another thread, but I couldn't find the one I was looking for. So I just saw Hand to God, and it was great! It left me confused though, because I remeber reading on a thread called " Hand to God Ending" that they lock Jason in a closet? I don't know if they were being serious or not because I can't hear people's tone over typed words... Then back when it was off broadway I was reading a thread that there was a gunshot. That also didn't happen. Did lots of things change since it was off broadway? If so, could someone tell me the changes?

billyelliotfan123
#2Hand to God Changes/Ending
Posted: 8/4/15 at 11:28am

I'll second that question

LightsOut90
#3Hand to God Changes/Ending
Posted: 8/4/15 at 12:35pm

maybe at EST but as someone that saw it at MCC the current ending is pretty close to how it was then, they only difference now is that the last scene the Tyrone puppet is way bigger and much more demon looking. 

broadwayguy2
#4Hand to God Changes/Ending
Posted: 8/4/15 at 12:52pm

No, off-Broadway (and on), there was no locking Jason in a closet and no gunshot.
They did, and do still, lock him in the basement for part of the show.. Perhaps that confused you?
The show is fundamentally the same as it was off-Broadway. There are cosmetic changes... The set changes are a little more clean and engineered, etc.. But that is all.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#5Hand to God Changes/Ending
Posted: 8/4/15 at 1:18pm

I can't speak as to the show as it was at EST, but the show as it is now is, textually, nearly identical to its presentation off-Broadway at MCC.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#6Hand to God Changes/Ending
Posted: 8/5/15 at 10:01am

Same as it EST was, same as it MCC was.

Bigger puppet (for easier seeing by audience in larger space), slightly fancier sets and effects, but they really maintained the intimacy of the original.

toothlesspieceofshit
#7Hand to God Changes/Ending
Posted: 8/5/15 at 11:17pm

when are they removing the outlet