News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for billyelliotfan123

Member Name: billyelliotfan123
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Inheritance  Dec 10 2018, 10:09:26 AM
Any updates?
First Cast Album  Dec 9 2018, 07:28:37 PM

Little Shop of Horrors revival

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/18/18  Nov 19 2018, 05:07:32 PM

Is Oklahoma looking to transfer?

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/18/18  Nov 19 2018, 03:17:15 PM

raddersons said: "Best week yet for The Prom, but definitely not turning a profit yet. Fingers crossed it continues to go up from here!"

And their opening night was Thursday so that performance was heavily comped and they still managed to make more than last week. A good sign, Hopefully the reviews helpped

Thankgiving Parade Performances for This Year  Nov 19 2018, 02:56:01 PM

anyone know what is being performed?

Ferryman Extends!  Nov 19 2018, 12:12:35 PM

Through July 7th!

Will the same cast continue through this final performance? I hope it continues to extend. This play is brilliant and has been in the million dollar club the past 2 weeks. 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/THE-FERRYMAN-Extends-Its-Broadway-Run-Through-July-7-2019-20181119?fbclid=IwAR3-ILOcC9cvuDE8g-HNz0qcjxt3Gt11YcAScoGrGYZMAhiN3_6oakmXyqU

NETWORK Previews  Nov 17 2018, 02:04:15 PM
I attended the show last night and found the evening to be a mixed bag. Cranston is basically the reason to see this show and he is sensational. I’m not sure how he is going to do this until March. His poor voice sounded like it could crap out any performance now when he was yelling. Everything else didn’t really add up.
The staging was just sloppy and all over the place.
If you aren’t sitting in the center section the vast majority of the show needs to be watched on a TV screen. Even

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/4/18  Nov 13 2018, 06:08:06 PM

Jarethan said: 
Unless things have changed or I did not understand your analysis, I think you are wrong. Lets say show grosses $1Million a week and its weekly nut is $600,000;that does NOT mean that $400,000 gets returned to the investor pot for future distribution. As I remember reading years ago, that $400,000 is shared by the 'return investment pot', the creatives, the theatreowner, etc. It is possible that Disney has forced a different methodology --

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Previews  Nov 12 2018, 11:05:46 PM

Jarethan said: "jbird5 said: "I don’t envy this years nominating committee. Jeff Daniels is a given and probably CKB. But how do you choose among all the featured players here and in other shows? And with Cranston and Paddy locking down two of the other leads that leaves Parsons, Radcliffe, Pasquale, Canavale, Ethan Hawke, Adam Driver, Paul Dano ...Wow.

What show is Urie doing in the spring?

I really enjoyed both Lif

The Inheritance  Nov 6 2018, 02:41:56 PM
I recently bought a copy of this play at the drama book shop. (DBS is one of the only places in the country that sells the okay as it’s not published here yet. More reason to support the DBS!!!)
I couldn’t put it down. It’s well worth the read. I really hope this one transfers. Has anyone heard and recent rumblings?

NETWORK is Officially Moving from the Cort to the Belasco  Nov 5 2018, 07:07:17 PM
I was under the impression the food was served before the show and that there was a scene in a restaurant.
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Previews  Nov 3 2018, 12:05:06 PM

The design is very simple. Moving platforms and chairs, all mostly pushed on and off by actors. The scene changes into the court segments are clunky because none of the court scenery is automated. I thought the set was very effective but nothing ground breaking. It also doesn't feel minimalist and fills the stage very well. 

The music served the piece very well. Nothing really to write home about though. They have 2 musicians on stage playing the music the entire show off to t

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Previews  Nov 3 2018, 11:49:33 AM

Okay, I saw it last night. First DO NOT sit in the balcony rush seats. I stood the entire show. That is really one of my only complaints though. And even standing up the run time went by really fast. I thought it was great and depressingly relevant in today's society. To the people who complaining that the show starts in the middle of the court case, the whole play is told through memories. The court case is presented in about 5 different parts throughout the play. I thought it was very s

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Previews  Nov 2 2018, 12:53:04 AM
Anyone know or hear how the rush seats are?
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Previews  Nov 2 2018, 12:53:03 AM
Anyone know or hear how the rush seats are?
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Previews  Nov 1 2018, 11:09:21 PM
Soooooooooo?
THE PROM Previews  Nov 1 2018, 01:01:43 PM
Cast Album comes out Dec 14!
Thankgiving Parade Performances for This Year  Nov 1 2018, 12:06:36 PM
I’m hoping The Prom performs. They could benefit from the visibility.
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Previews  Nov 1 2018, 11:33:12 AM

Madison, PM sent

THE PROM Previews  Nov 1 2018, 11:14:51 AM
Two more songs were released in this Times article.
I love this show!
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/31/theater/the-prom-broadway-brooks-ashmanskas-beth-leavel.html

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You