Waitress Stage Door

Broadwayluva Profile Photo
Broadwayluva
#1Waitress Stage Door
Posted: 8/8/15 at 10:02pm

I'll be attending 'Waitress' this week at A.R.T. This is my first trip to A.R.T. so I'm unclear of the stage door situation...I tried looking up previous message boards but I saw two different answers as to where it is located. Does anyone know where it is and have people had luck stage dooring there? Thank you so much!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Waitress Stage Door
Posted: 8/8/15 at 10:05pm

There is no stage door.  The actors come out through the lobby.  A line forms to the left of the box office (facing it).  Pretty calm and informal.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

downhillskier
#3Waitress Stage Door
Posted: 8/9/15 at 10:34am

I definately recommend doing stage door at ART. It is very organized, staff requests you line up on the wall near the box office. Actors come out one at a time and proceed through the "receiving line". I was there on Wednesday and was informed before the show that the entire cast would come out. That was not the case though. We enjoyed meeting the cast members that came out. Especially Jeanna  , Keala and Dakin, the older gentleman who played Joe. They all chatted with us, signed autographs and took photos. Sadly, Jesse and Sara and Drew did not come out. After about 45 minutes, a staff member informed us that no one else would be coming out. Worthwhile, though a major disappointment not to meet Jesse and Sara. 

Videos