pixeltracker

Shows that deserved tonys- Page 3

Shows that deserved tonys

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#50Shows that deserved tonys
Posted: 8/25/15 at 1:21pm

The Tony award means about as much as a high school diploma.

The Tony Award Ceremony is mostly about advertising.  As Mandy Patinkin once noted, it's just a two-hour television commercial.

And in this day, if you are not advertising something or selling something YOU HAVE NO MERIT AT ALL.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

skies Profile Photo
skies
#51Shows that deserved tonys
Posted: 8/26/15 at 12:27am

Best Musical :

Caroline or Change.

Big Fish.

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#52Shows that deserved tonys
Posted: 8/26/15 at 2:01am

Certainly West Side Story.

helvizz Profile Photo
helvizz
#53Shows that deserved tonys
Posted: 8/26/15 at 2:30am

Time to be cliche: Next to Normal should have won Best Musical (and Aaron Tveit should have at least been nominated; might as well throw this one here since I'm being cliche). 

American Idiot deserved the Tony: it wasn't a great musical, but certainly better than the other ones that opened in that season too. And Ragtime and Into the Woods should have won Best Musical.

Gypsy should have won instead of that tie between Fiorella and the Sound of Music happening, like someone has rightfully said in this topic. 

The Glass Menagerie should have won Revival last year

Grey Gardens, Drood (revival) and Violet were excellent productions, if they had opened any other season I would think they should have been awarded the Tony. But I am very pleased with the outcomes of those years (Spring Awakening, Pippin and Hedwig).

Updated On: 8/26/15 at 02:30 AM