If/Then Tour

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#100If/Then Tour
Posted: 3/10/16 at 4:06pm

I'm so excited to see this when it gets to Boston.

downhillskier
#101If/Then Tour
Posted: 7/5/16 at 3:58pm

Wondering how the show has changed on tour vs NY? I saw it on Broadway, fairly early in the previews. Show overall was OK, though of course I Loved Idina and was happy to see her on Broadway! I have enjoyed the OBCR and I 'm sure Jackie is fantastic. Debating about revisiting it on tour. Reviews have been mixed overall, except for Jackies' which are consistently glowing. It looks like it is not selling very well. Wondered how the show has changed since the previews and on tour? 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#102If/Then Tour
Posted: 7/5/16 at 4:35pm

downhillskier said: "Debating about revisiting it on tour. Reviews have been mixed overall, except for Jackies' which are consistently glowing. It looks like it is not selling very well. Wondered how the show has changed since the previews and on tour? "

The reviews have always been mixed for this show, so nothing new there. As for the differences: no trees, no mirrors (and no lights in the stage to show the map on the mirror, etc.), and more projections to adjust for those changes. I saw it in Philadelphia the other week, and it is holding up well.

Adair Haywind
#103If/Then Tour
Posted: 7/5/16 at 4:40pm

They also cut out a chunk of ensemble lines from "Map of New York" to fit the smaller cast they have on tour.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#104If/Then Tour
Posted: 7/5/16 at 4:48pm

I'm going tonight but I didn't see it in NY so I won't be able to help with that question.

downhillskier
#105If/Then Tour
Posted: 7/5/16 at 7:51pm

Thanks for your input. Glad to hear the show is holding up well. Decided to bring my Mom ( who did not see it in NY). Bought inexpensive side ORCH and though it would be worth it for both of us to enjoy Jackie and see how they tightened it up since NY preview. Always worth it to see top Broadway talent outside of NY!