pixeltracker

clinton vs. sanders your vote?- Page 152

clinton vs. sanders your vote?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#3775We're in it to win it and we're in it together
Posted: 7/24/16 at 3:06pm

The 'D' in DNC stands for Democratic, not democratic. 

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

binau Profile Photo
binau
#3776We're in it to win it and we're in it together
Posted: 7/24/16 at 5:31pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Was it the DNC that kept all those Bernie supporters home instead of going to the polls to vote for him?

"

Voting behaviour and attitudes are complex. Let's think for a moment what has to be achieved to convince someone to vote for you. First, the voter needs to actually know you exist and what your policies are. We can stop right there and suggest the DNC impeded this process by scheduling very few debates at odd times. Second, the voter probably needs to think they can make a difference and their vote will have an impact (at least, in some cases). By having hundreds of superdelegates undemocratically inflate Clinton's lead substantially before the first vote is even cast, right from the beginning it looked like from a voter's perspective that Hillary had sealed the deal.

Thankfully, Debbie is gone and so are the superdelegates (hmm, maybe not completely). Some real change that could improve future elections.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 7/24/16 at 05:31 PM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#3777We're in it to win it and we're in it together
Posted: 7/24/16 at 5:32pm

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

javero Profile Photo
javero
#3778We're in it to win it and we're in it together
Posted: 7/24/16 at 5:47pm

It's my understanding that some committee will be established to determine the least painful path forward which is DC-speak for...we'll deal with that shaite after the election giving Hill time to appoint someone permanently to chair the DNC.  Hillary's already given Debbie a courtesy chair which only requires her to avoid putting her foot in her mouth until election day.  Those folks just want to get through their convention unscathed.

DNC Votes to Keep Superdelegates, But Sets Some Conditions

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#3779We're in it to win it and we're in it together
Posted: 8/2/16 at 8:01pm

The time is soon for a significant break up of the Democratic party, one that will cost the left several elections, however, I think we give the kids too little credit in being able to undo this. We are soon going to become, finally, after this election, a multi party state. Believe it, there will be opposition to a Clinton presidency from both the left and right. Either Clinton adopts the Bernie plan or she will be roundly defeated in the next election in the primary. Republicans will muster together again, but the break with Dems is irrevocable, unless, Clinton starts governing like Sanders would. If she goes about face on TPP again, if she dosen't start cracking down on Wall Street, if there is the slightest sniff from the Sanders and the Warrens that she went back, they'll be all over her ass. No, Hillary will have to cater to our wishes if she dosen't want a vigorous attack against her. That is why I expect her to be the champion for liberal ideas, because without doing that she is doomed.

Stephanatic
Updated On: 8/2/16 at 08:01 PM