pixeltracker

Lucille Lortel Theater seating question?

Lucille Lortel Theater seating question?

musicaltheatreman2
#1Lucille Lortel Theater seating question?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 8:18pm

I am planning to buy tickets for the Secret Garden concert at the Lucille Lortel Theater and I curious how big the space is and the seating in the theatre? There are seats available for the 1st rom center mezz and first row center orchestra and first row side orchestra. Which is the better seat for this theatre? Thank you! :)  

I am thinking about 1st rom mezz, but I am not sure how far back from the stage they are, as I have never been in this theatre before. 

Updated On: 10/14/15 at 08:18 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#2Lucille Lortel Theater seating question?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 8:20pm

I think you mean Avery Fisher Hall.

musicaltheatreman2
#3Lucille Lortel Theater seating question?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 8:32pm

Then why do these 2 sites say it is playing at the Lucille Lortel Theatre?

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/rebecca-luker-will-lead-secret-garden-benefit-staging-366866

https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pe.c/10041468

Updated On: 10/14/15 at 08:32 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#4Lucille Lortel Theater seating question?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 8:37pm

Guess there are two Secret Garden benefits? The bigger one is at Lincoln Center:

http://mcp.us/events/broadway-in-concert-the-secret-garden-2/?instance_id=

If you really want the one at the Lucille Lortel, I always sit in the front row center orchestra there, and the stage is not high at all.

musicaltheatreman2
#5Lucille Lortel Theater seating question?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 8:42pm

Yeah i guess so! 

Kinda odd that Rebecca Luker is not staring the the larger production at Lincoln Center.

Have they announced the cast for the Lincoln Center production yet?

musicaltheatreman2
#6Lucille Lortel Theater seating question?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 8:44pm

Thanks for the seating advice! Are the seats in front mezz any good?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#7Lucille Lortel Theater seating question?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 8:47pm

musicaltheatreman2 said: "Thanks for the seating advice! Are the seats in front mezz any good?"

I can't recall the last time I saw the mezzanine in use there, I know MCC doesn't even use it for their shows. It's only like three rows or something, so it is ALL Front Mezz. Lucille Lortel Theater seating question?

AEA AGMA SM
#8Lucille Lortel Theater seating question?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 8:57pm

The view from the front row (or any row) of the mezzanine at the Lortel is great (MCC doesn't use it, and also blocks off some of the back rows to keep seating at a certain number to avoid going up to the next salary level on their Equity contract). 

In some respects the mezzanine there may even be a better choice. The seating on the orchestra level is on an a very gentle, almost non-existent, rake, and the seats are not really staggered all that well, so you do run the chance of ending up behind someone very tall and then dipping from side to side to try to see around them.  

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#9Lucille Lortel Theater seating question?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 11:43pm

Was Carrie not an MCC production? Or was it just a higher budgeted production? I recall them using the mezzanine for that show but haven't seen it used since. Just curious.

eperkins Profile Photo
eperkins
#10Lucille Lortel Theater seating question?
Posted: 10/15/15 at 1:05pm

MCC has their season at the Lortel, but in between it's open for use by other people. MCC just rents it. They are working on building their own theatre(s) though. A think that's a couple of years away.

And the theatre is small, So I would guess just about any seat would be good.