pixeltracker

Access 10 Long Day's Journey- Page 2

Access 10 Long Day's Journey

robbie1984
#25Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 11/29/15 at 10:09am

Hello, sorry if this is a silly question but I'll be going on vacation to NYC at the end of May and I would love to see this play. I looked on the Roundabout Theatre's website on the day the tickets went on sale but the front row or center orchestra never seem to have gone on sale for any of the shows. Are those seats being held back for subscribers or do they put them on sale later? I would really like to grab a pair of great tickets center and as close to the stage as possible. Any suggestions or am I too late already? Thank you!

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#26Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 11/29/15 at 10:53am

Just call Roundabout and ask. 

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#27Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/4/16 at 1:56pm

Just received the email from Roundabout saying that previews will now begin on April 3 and my tickets will be moved to comparable seat locations later in the run. How is this happening again right after SHE LOVES ME? At least they told me the date they were moving me to for that one. Anyone else receive the email with a confirmed date?

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#28Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/4/16 at 3:46pm

ClydeBarrow, I received the same notification today and it did not specify a date. It said new tickets will be mailed to me and if the date for that performance does not work for me, I can contact Audience Services for a refund (or I assume they could also offer me the option to try to past date them?).

On a side note, I accidentally triple booked myself on the day I had Long Day's Journey (don't ask me how...) so I'm somewhat relieved this takes one of the three conflicts off of the table!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#29Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/4/16 at 3:48pm

Piano, just got the same notice today.

Poster Emeritus

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#30Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/4/16 at 3:56pm

Damn. Got the same notice. If you log into your  roundabout account it shows the new date. I was scheduled to June 25, 7pm!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#31Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/4/16 at 4:13pm

I was rescheduled to June 23. I ended up buying a HipTix for Wednesday, April 13, and will probably get a refund for the June 23rd tickets. Don't want to wait that long to see the production, as I like going to early previews for all Broadway shows.

Updated On: 2/4/16 at 04:13 PM

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#32Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/4/16 at 5:36pm

ljay889 said: "Damn. Got the same notice. If you log into your  roundabout account it shows the new date. I was scheduled to June 25, 7pm!"

Thanks for the tip, ljay! I was rescheduled to June 25th as well, but the matinee (which I opted for originally).

WithoutaTrace said: "I was rescheduled to June 23. I ended up buying a HipTix for Wednesday, April 13, and will probably get a refund for the June 23rd tickets. Don't want to wait that long to see the production, as I like going to early previews for all Broadway shows."

Did it look like there were a lot of HipTix still available?

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#33Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/4/16 at 11:20pm

It appeared that the HipTix were pretty much sold out for the evening performances in April.  I opted for a Wednesday matinee since the play itself is long.  There were seven HipTix left when I bought mine this afternoon. I've already put in to take the afternoon off from work.  Looking forward to seeing Jessica Lange on stage!

mamaleh
#34Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/5/16 at 9:26am

I was re-ticketed to the June 25 matinee.  Why so much later, I don't know.   

PK2
#35Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/5/16 at 9:42am

My tickets are moved to June also.  I think this is even better because the performance is no longer during first few previews and all actors will really settle into the roles, especially for this play.  I think the reason that it was moved to much later date is to find comparable seats and also comparable day of the week.  My performance is on Friday and my new date is also on Friday, which I really appreciate.  I live outside the city and I was worry that I would get other weekdays, which will be difficult for me.  My seats are one row behind my original choice so that was very nice of Roundabout theatre to keep it really comparable to the original selection.  

Updated On: 2/5/16 at 09:42 AM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#36Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/5/16 at 10:35am

I was reticketed to the June 25 matinee, same exact seats. I saw that on the Roundabout website, though. I don't seem to have gotten an email. Was there a reason given for the switch?

Updated On: 2/5/16 at 10:35 AM

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#37Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/5/16 at 10:47am

macnyc said: "I was reticketed to the June 25 matinee, same exact seats. I saw that on the Roundabout website, though. I don't seem to have gotten an email. Was there a reason given for the switch?"

The email didn't specify why the first handful of previews were canceled, but presumably just a scheduling conflict.

neonlightsxo
#38Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/5/16 at 10:56am

Noises Off also extended, giving them less time.

Also, this thread is absurd. Please, complain more about your $10 tickets to a four hour Broadway play.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#39Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/5/16 at 11:17am

This thread is not absurd, nor is anybody actually complaining. It has been a good place to share this development with other Access 10 ticket holders and let everyone know that the new date and seating location is online. There have been one or two people here that in fact prefer their new date because the show has been frozen and have thanked Roundabout for doing their best to keep the time and seat location of their original tickets.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#40Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/5/16 at 11:22am

This thread is certainly not absurd. It's a little bothersome when you make plans for a certain day and then you're told that instead it's going to be 3 months later. It's not a huge problem for me because like PK2 said I will no longer be seeing one of the first previews so the show should be tighter all around.

Also thanks for bringing the whole cost/length argument into the thread. Should we only be complaining if the play is 65 mins and over $100?

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#41Access 10 Long Day's Journey
Posted: 2/5/16 at 11:40am

Same as Piano - same date & same seats

Poster Emeritus