pixeltracker

Miss Saigon Dream Casting- Page 2

Miss Saigon Dream Casting

Dave19
#25Miss Saigon Dream Casting
Posted: 12/1/15 at 6:15pm

adamgreer said: "Does Ellen have a new song in this version, or did they just replace Now That I've Seen Her? I thought I read something about that awhile back, but I could be mistaken. "

Yes, there is a new song called "Maybe", it replaced "Now that I've seen her".

Updated On: 12/1/15 at 06:15 PM

Dave19
#26Miss Saigon Dream Casting
Posted: 12/1/15 at 6:29pm

moncruzz said: "Speaking of casting, what the hell ever happened to  Miss Saigon the Movie?"

I assume they want to wait till after the Broadway transfer, to get the hype going first/intoduce the show to the audience again.

But unless they change their view of movie-musical-making drastically, I'm not sure if I like it to happen. The power of this material is the music and the theatrical approach. Soaring notes, dream sequences and sung thoughts. By no means this works with a literal approach, like the Les Mis film.

I am not looking forward to "last night of the world" in a small, cold, dark, emty concrete room in 1 dry close up take. I want big, romantic, theatrical, orange light, a fan, a muggy, better than life feeling and filmic editing because this represents what is going on in their minds. I want cinemathography that blows your mind. 

I don't want Thuy being shot in a small alley between a clothesline and a trash can. I want it to happen with a surreal choir of ghosts behind him in a big black space when Kim bends over his body, because this is how Kim experiences it. It is the end of the world in her mind.

Imagine what they can do with the opening sequence, the Heat is on, I still believe, and Kim's nightmare.

I can't stand any more of the literal approach, with material that is per definition not literal. The Les Mis was just a theatre performance on a pavement, but then badly sung, therefore only the crying scenes work. Film needs more. Especially when it's being sung. Going "all the way" means raw emotion with this material. Toning it down does not.

Updated On: 12/1/15 at 06:29 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#27Miss Saigon Dream Casting
Posted: 12/1/15 at 6:38pm

Dave19 said: "I am not looking forward to "last night of the world" in a small, cold, dark, emty concrete room in 1 dry close up take. I want big, romantic, theatrical, orange light, a fan, a muggy, better than life feeling and filmic editing because this represents what is going on in their minds. I want cinemathography that blows your mind...I can't stand any more of the literal approach, with material that is per definition not literal. The Les Mis was just a theatre performance on a pavement. Film needs more."

Please give it a rest for once.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 12/1/15 at 06:38 PM

Dave19
#28Miss Saigon Dream Casting
Posted: 12/1/15 at 6:41pm

NEVER!

We have to do everything within our power to save this project.

BdwayLife
#29Miss Saigon Dream Casting
Posted: 12/1/15 at 7:39pm

Eva and Jon Jon will reprise, no question.

Would love to see:

Chris: Jeremy Jordan

Ellen: Caissie Levy

Other Players:  don't care

c0113g3b0y
#30Miss Saigon Dream Casting
Posted: 12/1/15 at 11:39pm

CarlosAlberto said: "LEA MICHELE as "Kim"

NICK JONAS as "Chris"

JULIANNE HOUGH as "Ellen"

SNOOKI as "Gigi"

and....

KEN WATANABE as "The Engineer"

"

SCREAMING

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)

RW3
#31Miss Saigon Dream Casting
Posted: 12/1/15 at 11:49pm

Chris-Aaron Tveit

John-Wallace Smith

Ellen-Tamika Lawrence

Thuy-Conrad Ricamora

Gigi-Ashley Park