News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BdwayLife

Member Name: BdwayLife
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 6 2024, 08:14:01 PM

Thanks Edsoslo! Gosh, I loved that show. Two weeks later, and it's the only one I still think about, of the five I saw. I hope to see it again, when I come back to the city, fall or early January (if they extend). 

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 24 2024, 09:16:11 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "BdwayLife said: "
I never mentioned this in my original post, but, I find intermission quite bad.At Tommy, one staff member was literally screaming as loud as she could, “GENTLEMEN LINE UP HERE, LADIES GO TO THE LEFT, LADIESGO TO THE LEFT, GENTLEMEN LINE UP HERE, LADIES GO TO THE LEFT, LADIES GO TO THE LEFT…” over and over and over and over. I saw many in the line having a visceral reaction to her, like, WTF? Again, I don&rsquo

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 24 2024, 09:06:25 PM

Matt Rogers said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Perhaps there is medication or other steps you should take to reduce your anxiety prior to entering situations like this.

I find the yelling security staff to be obnoxious and the lines to be irritating when there's a lack of clarity about Will Call vs ticket holders (especially when there are a ton of comps/TDF/rush tix to be picked up at will call), but I've never been anxious about it.

I'v

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 24 2024, 07:44:47 PM

Thank you everyone. Genuinely, I began this thread, because I wondered if I was alone or if others could relate.  To be clear, I never felt anxious, but stressed.  :)    

I never mentioned this in my original post, but, I find intermission quite bad.  At Tommy, one staff member was literally screaming as loud as she could, “GENTLEMEN LINE UP HERE, LADIES GO TO THE LEFT, LADIES GO TO THE LEFT, GENTLEMEN LINE UP HERE, LADIES GO TO THE LEFT, LADIES

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 23 2024, 08:31:48 PM

JoeW4 said: "It's an interesting question -- I'd be curious to hear from people who have been attending Broadway shows for many decades, to hear theories about what might have caused a change, if there's been one. Because it seems to me that the hardest things about this process -- having to shepherd a large number of people into a confined space with assigned seats, in a short amount of time -- has theoretically stayed the exact same for however long they've been ope

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 23 2024, 07:47:45 PM

matty159 said: "I go to a show about once a week. I arrive 10 minutes prior to curtain (knowing full well that that the show doesn’t go on until 5 minutes past the hour). I am usually coming from work, so I have a bag. Never issues even if they need to check my bag. I will never understand people lining up an hour before curtain. It disrupts no one and I’m not spending idle time sitting with my long legs."

I sympathize, Matty--I'm 6'2". 

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 23 2024, 06:18:13 PM

dramamama611 said: "I've never felt yelled at. I've never seen a broadwayemployee with a megaphone. I've never felt my ticket was "demanded". I almost always have someone say enjoy the show.

I also don't feel need to get to the theater early. And even when I do, I usually strike up some conversations with others in line. Actually had coffee last week AFTER a show with a lovely couple we met waiting to go in. (Long story, but it was delightful.) No

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 23 2024, 04:54:41 PM

Hi all, 

I just returned home—caught a handful of shows, including: Cabaret, The Great Gatsby, Tommy, Back to the Future, and The Notebook.

I’ve been increasingly feeling this, in recent years, and wondered if others could relate.  I find the process of arriving to the theatre, straight through to sitting in my seat, stressful.

First, we are lined up.  At the 30 minute mark, we are yelled at from a megaphone at a foot distance from our ears,&nbs

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 21 2024, 11:16:48 AM

FANtomFollies said: "Apparently an audience member walked up to the stage and grabbed Eddie Redmayne's costume tonight? Anybody there to give any more details?"

Unrelated, but...

I was there the night before, and watched the cast bring audience members up onto the stage, at the top of Act 2, to dance.  One audience member slopped her drink all over the stage (understandability). As the official performance began, stage hands were on the stage,

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 18 2024, 07:26:07 AM

Saw yesterday's matinee.

This show is the definition of decadence.

The costumes, scenery, and lighting are breathtaking.

Jeremy Jordan's voice has never sounded better--it soars.

My GOD, Eva is gorgeous. Her acting is so nuanced. Her voice is crystal clear. 

Samantha Pauley is a STAR --I could not take my eyes off her, even when the full cast is on stage, and a bazillion things are happening.

I really enjoyed the c

Just a thank you  Apr 13 2024, 02:06:15 PM

You're sweet, Dramamama. 

I make it down to NYC from Atlanta Canada, once a year, so I rely on these boards to inform my choices. 

I'm set to see, this coming week: Cabaret, The Great Gatsby, Tommy, Back to the Future, and The Notebook. 

I have restaurants booked, museums and attractions of interest noted, etc.

Thank you all!

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 2 2024, 04:21:56 PM

WldKingdomHM said: "Finally got out of checkout and got tickets for Oct 2nd hopefully they don’t cancel it"

That’s great! Congrats! :) Do you mind sharing what you paid and approximate seat location? 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 2 2024, 04:17:53 PM

wish i were here2 said: "gibsons2 said: "If anyone purchased a seat in Mezz 4 and seeing the show soon, please report on the views."

Sat in Mezz 4 last night and honestly they were absolutely perfect!Sat in Row D, and the rake was perfection.There was never a moment where you felt you were craning your neck losing down and there was never any moment where it felt like you were trying tododge heads to look around to see the stage, like it was a constant f

Paper Mill’s THE GREAT GATSBY musical will transfer to Broadway  Jan 17 2024, 05:26:27 PM

Thanks Taffy.  :)  Are you saying that to your knowledge, they don’t have alternates that perform particular shows? 

Paper Mill’s THE GREAT GATSBY musical will transfer to Broadway  Jan 17 2024, 02:11:21 PM

Thanks JSquared2.  

My logic is that during previews, they will be scheduled to perform every show, as they improve upon the show, and then after opening, an alternate may be scheduled for specific performances?   But, I’m basing this on nothing. LOL   If someone has intel, on this topic, I’d be curious.  

Paper Mill’s THE GREAT GATSBY musical will transfer to Broadway  Jan 17 2024, 01:49:45 PM

BdwayLife said: "I checked the show’s official website, and there is no indication of Jeremy or Eva’s performance schedule—do you folks think that they will perform Wednesday and Saturday matinees during previews in April?"

UPDATE: I called Telecharge this morning, and they have no information.  I’m assuming that unless otherwise stated, Jeremy and Eva will be on for the matinees—I just picked up a ticket for the Wednesday, April 17

Paper Mill’s THE GREAT GATSBY musical will transfer to Broadway  Jan 16 2024, 08:59:24 PM

I checked the show’s official website, and there is no indication of Jeremy or Eva’s performance schedule—do you folks think that they will perform Wednesday and Saturday matinees during previews in April?

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews  Dec 6 2023, 08:14:48 PM

Thank you, Taffy, I appreciate your honesty. :) 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews  Dec 6 2023, 07:20:40 PM

Thanks Taffy!

I'm now debating what to do--keep my Back to the Future tickets for Friday night, and see Merrily Wednesday afternoon without Jonathan, or do the ticket exchange.  For those who have seen the show, do you have advice?  

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews  Dec 5 2023, 09:06:35 PM

Thanks Springtime. 

I have tickets for Back to the Future for the Friday evening of that week. Anyone have a sense if Telecharge will allow me to exchange them for the Wednesday matinee, earlier in the week, to open up that Friday evening show slot to see Merrily with Jonathan? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You