No more Mr. Nice Guy!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#25No more Mr. Nice Guy!
Posted: 1/20/16 at 12:40am

Nope need to do any work...that message isn't for us....it's for the cast of Spotlight.

I think.  Maybe.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

FindingNamo
#26No more Mr. Nice Guy!
Posted: 1/20/16 at 12:47am

I have a message for Liev I would like to deliver personally.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#27No more Mr. Nice Guy!
Posted: 1/20/16 at 6:10am

I'll be honest, I have no idea wtf is going on here.

Are we supposed to be some kind of proxy for the cast and crew of Spotlight?

I haven't even seen the movie yet.

....but the world goes 'round

FindingNamo
#28No more Mr. Nice Guy!
Posted: 1/20/16 at 10:31am

You're spending too much time worrying about your obscurity. 

FindingNamo
#29No more Mr. Nice Guy!
Posted: 2/1/16 at 11:57am

Oh no, Theaterfan!   Boston's cardinal is all up in your grill obsessed with the film opsteperously!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/01/14/cardinal-malley-says-spotlight-important-film/7XQQprGNh3zKRUN27AWAiN/story.html?camp=BGSpotlight%3AOLA%3ABGsite&kwp_0=97081&kwp_4=485706&kwp_1=267657

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#30No more Mr. Nice Guy!
Posted: 2/1/16 at 12:05pm

I was waiting for t-fan to post another random anti-Ruffalo thread after the SAG win this weekend.

Followed by his unparalleled benevolence when he decides to forgive everyone for something that only happened in his head to begin with.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#31No more Mr. Nice Guy!
Posted: 2/1/16 at 12:10pm

On a board with a surprising amount of totally crazy posters, this one manages the feat of being really weird. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#32No more Mr. Nice Guy!
Posted: 2/1/16 at 12:28pm

He's up there with that weirdo who has the "ego" avatar.

theaterfan15
#33No more Mr. Nice Guy!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 11:10am

I don't bear any ill-will towards the people who made and are a part of this film. I never want them horrible things to happen to them. I will say, however, that Mark Ruffalo is the one who is most clouded by his judgment. He said this on Saturday night, “Many of the archdioceses that have had molestations happening in them still haven’t released the names of the priests who are known to be child molesters and rapists.”

That is not true according to the Catholic League:

'Between 1950 and 2002, 4 percent of Catholic priests had an allegation made against them; only half of the allegations were substantiated. Moreover, between 2005 and 2014, an average of 8.4 credible accusations were made against roughly 40,000 priests"

http://www.catholicleague.org/spotlight-stars-are-phonies-2/

No matter what happens on Oscar night I still have inspirational films like The Bells of St. Mary'sThe Sound of Music, and The Trouble with Angels to watch. I'd also like to take the time to finish my post by saying that I saw Brooklyn on Sunday and I wish Jim Broadbent's performance had gotten more recognition.

FindingNamo
#34No more Mr. Nice Guy!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 11:18am

Everyone is clouded by their judgment.  

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#35No more Mr. Nice Guy!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 11:57am

Not least William Donohue of the Catholic League.

FindingNamo
#36No more Mr. Nice Guy!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 12:03pm

The Catholic League is four people or so.  

theaterfan15
#37No more Mr. Nice Guy!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 4:25pm

I've had enough of this thread and trying to make a statement to those involved with the film.

No more Mr. Nice Guy!

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#38No more Mr. Nice Guy!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 5:07pm

Why do you think anyone cares about you and your feelings regarding this movie?

So you've decided to stop posting nonsense - good for you, but just so you know: you can't have a truce when you were the only one fighting.