pixeltracker

First Preview of NERDS has been canceled - Page 5

First Preview of NERDS has been canceled

neonlightsxo
#100First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/22/16 at 3:57pm

10086sunset said: "Is this getting staged because the music was written by a Jujamcyn executive?"

It's not in a Jujamcyn house, so I don't think so.

10086sunset
#101First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/22/16 at 4:04pm

Just trying to understand why this is being mounted. Anyone know someone who has been clamoring for this show to finally play Broadway?

neonlightsxo
#102First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/22/16 at 4:06pm

10086sunset said: "Just trying to understand why this is being mounted. Anyone know someone who has been clamoring for this show to finally play Broadway?"

I'm as confused as you are, but this kind of thing happens all the time. If the composers/writers can find someone to mount their project, they do so at all costs. Whether it's their own money or someone else's. See also : Amazing Grace, Allegiance, It Shoulda Been You, Disaster.

Updated On: 2/22/16 at 04:06 PM

asmith0307
#103First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/22/16 at 7:37pm

10086sunset said: "Is this getting staged because the music was written by a Jujamcyn executive?"

It's also being produced by Tony Awards exec...

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#104First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/22/16 at 10:09pm

Whoever's in charge of their social media must have forgotten the password to the Nerds instagram; their old page (nerdsonbroadway) hasn't had a post in 71 weeks, but they started using @nerdsmusical 5 weeks ago. That's kind of strange.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Pootie2
#105First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/22/16 at 10:35pm

gypsy101 said: "Whoever's in charge of their social media must have forgotten the password to the Nerds instagram; their old page (nerdsonbroadway) hasn't had a post in 71 weeks, but they started using @nerdsmusical 5 weeks ago. That's kind of strange."

They may have decided to keep their social media accounts all matching to their website, which was first registered in 2007.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#106First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/22/16 at 10:40pm

Full cast announced:

http://playbill.com/news/article/see-who-will-play-bill-gates-and-steve-jobs-in-broadway-musical-nerds-388028

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#107First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/22/16 at 10:45pm

This might be like the 25th annual puntnam county spelling bee.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#108First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/22/16 at 10:52pm

Pootie2 said: "gypsy101 said: "Whoever's in charge of their social media must have forgotten the password to the Nerds instagram; their old page (nerdsonbroadway) hasn't had a post in 71 weeks, but they started using @nerdsmusical 5 weeks ago. That's kind of strange."

They may have decided to keep their social media accounts all matching to their website, which was first registered in 2007.

"

Except that it would not match their website, considering it is NERDSBroadway.com. 

Pootie2
#109First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/22/16 at 10:58pm

GreasedLightning said: "Pootie2 said: "gypsy101 said: "Whoever's in charge of their social media must have forgotten the password to the Nerds instagram; their old page (nerdsonbroadway) hasn't had a post in 71 weeks, but they started using @nerdsmusical 5 weeks ago. That's kind of strange."

"

Except that it would not match their website, considering it is NERDSBroadway.com. "

Their website is http://nerdsmusical.com/

NERDSBroadway.com was created in 2014 as a forwarding URL.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#110First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/22/16 at 11:00pm

My mistake. Playbill's official cast announcement article lists the website as NERDSBroadway.com. 

bwaydreamer
#111First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/23/16 at 12:18pm

Call_me_jorge said: "This might be like the 25th annual puntnam county spelling bee.

"

This is what I'm hoping as well.