pixeltracker

Audra's replacement in Shuffle Along- Page 2

Audra's replacement in Shuffle Along

cuz-i-can
#25Audra's replacement in Shuffle Along
Posted: 4/12/16 at 2:31pm

Jshan05 said: "cuz-i-can said: "I have a good feeling that they might be getting r&b/jazz singer Ledisi to replace Audra this summer"

That could definitely be it, though I'm just speculating at this point. I saw Ledisi and Audra snapped a picture together (on Audra's twitter) so it's definitely a possibility!

"

Also on Ledisi's instagram she posted a pic of her reading a script and she just posted a pic of her in heels with the caption "audition time". I know she has broadway roots, she was a swing in Caroline or Change and I believe she was in the original workshop of the color purple

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#26Audra's replacement in Shuffle Along
Posted: 4/12/16 at 2:36pm

^^That would be terrific. I'm not too familiar with her, but she had a wonderful cameo in 'Selma' and she sure can sing! Can't wait to hear the announcement (whomever they end up casting) soon! :)

cuz-i-can
#27Audra's replacement in Shuffle Along
Posted: 4/12/16 at 2:42pm

Jshan05 said: "^^That would be terrific. I'm not too familiar with her, but she had a wonderful cameo in 'Selma' and she sure can sing! Can't wait to hear the announcement (whomever they end up casting) soon! :)

"

She's a lovely vocalist and has the "Audra operatic range" to sing the role

Sertzo19 Profile Photo
Sertzo19
#28Audra's replacement in Shuffle Along
Posted: 4/12/16 at 3:22pm

The show and Audra's role are very tap-heavy though, at least it was when I saw it on 3/26. Are any of these candidates/suggestions formidable tap dancers? 

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#29Audra's replacement in Shuffle Along
Posted: 4/12/16 at 3:34pm

Sertzo19 said: "The show and Audra's role are very tap-heavy though, at least it was when I saw it on 3/26. Are any of these candidates/suggestions formidable tap dancers? "

I mean, did Audra ever tap before this show?

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#30Audra's replacement in Shuffle Along
Posted: 4/12/16 at 3:47pm

Taryn said: "Sertzo19 said: "The show and Audra's role are very tap-heavy though, at least it was when I saw it on 3/26. Are any of these candidates/suggestions formidable tap dancers? "

I mean, did Audra ever tap before this show?
"

Yep--she stated in an interview that she was having to dust off her tap shoes as she hadn't tapped in about 10 years. Not sure which show she was referencing, but she definitely knew how to tap before this show.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#31Audra's replacement in Shuffle Along
Posted: 4/12/16 at 4:48pm

wonderfulwizard11 said: "Janelle Monae is way to young for anything that Audra would play right now. "

She could be a great Shug/Celie replacement if she can act - which I don't know if she can.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 4/12/16 at 04:48 PM

cuz-i-can
#32Audra's replacement in Shuffle Along
Posted: 4/12/16 at 7:26pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and place my bet that Ledisi is the replacement for Audra. Mark my words