pixeltracker

Fully Committed - Stage door question

Fully Committed - Stage door question

SellingOut
#1Fully Committed - Stage door question
Posted: 5/30/16 at 8:03pm

I'm going to a performance of Fully Committed on a Saturday afternoon in July - does Jesse Tyler Ferguson sign playbills after matinee performances?  is the crowd usually crazy afterwards?

Updated On: 5/30/16 at 08:03 PM

mpkie
#2Fully Committed - Stage door question
Posted: 5/30/16 at 9:14pm

This isn't from personal experience, but I did stage door a few weeks ago for a Saturday evening show. One of the people also waiting at stage door mentioned that he was curious why people were "waiting by a garage" earlier that day (stage door is right next to a parking garage) and how it all clicked for him, since he was standing in that same spot. He realized they were waiting for JTF after the Sat matinee show.

So... long answer, I think he does. But that's just one anecdote. The security at the Lyceum are really nice and keep it all super organized and calm. The security guard will tell you if he's coming out or not, explain how the 'process' will work and will update you on JTF's ETA. (The process being... JTF stands in one spot while the fans slide down one by one.)

That night it was a long wait but the crowd was in good spirits... 40 min maybe. Once he came out it moved pretty briskly. He signs and takes photos. Really nice dude.

SellingOut
#3Fully Committed - Stage door question
Posted: 5/30/16 at 9:32pm

Thanks for responding.  He does seem nice, and I actually like the fact that he stands in one spot while people move towards him - much less chaotic.  Hope it works that way when I go.  

ArielSara2
#4Fully Committed - Stage door question
Posted: 5/30/16 at 10:03pm

I have to echo mpkie's response - it was possibly the most organized stage door experience I've ever had. I was there for a Wednesday matinee about a month ago. It's also around the corner a block over which may have contributed to why it was calm and not very crowded. The staff there were very nice and kept us informed of his timing and how he would proceed once he came out. Jesse was very nice and signed and took picture with everyone who asked. The process was a little different for me than mpkie described, we moved out of the way after because we were done but he seemed to move down the line too. Maybe that was just because the crowd was pretty small - didn't seem like more than 20 people. 

SellingOut
#5Fully Committed - Stage door question
Posted: 5/30/16 at 10:37pm

I'm very excited about meeting him - I'm a big fan!  I'll have to look for the stage door so I know where it is when the show is over.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!